Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly's goal-scoring record

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
McCarthy criticised the sacking of Hughton... who almost certainly wouldn't have Connolly in the first team. Tsk!

And again we have more of this bullsh*t - Hughton gave Conolly his debut, signed him to a 3 year contract last January and spoke highly of him. You have zero idea whether Hughton would be playing Connolly or not if he was still manager.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And again we have more of this bullsh*t - Hughton gave Conolly his debut, signed him to a 3 year contract last January and spoke highly of him. You have zero idea whether Hughton would be playing Connolly or not if he was still manager.

I think most of us have a pretty good idea, actually.

(And that's not a dig at Hughton - of which there are far too many at the moment - just how it was).

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Still, £50M plus in January, with a loan back to the end of the season might rouse a trickle of interest!

But where do excellent youngsters go these days? I don't think they do, really. And any 'bigger' club at the moment who can afford to splurge say £50 mill on a 19 year old, either don't play their young 'uns (Man City) or look to be in a right state and would probably need a marquee signing or two to do a quick-fix and keep their fans and shareholders happy (Man U - and after watching them this afternoon, boy oh boy they are not good - Arsenal, Spurs) or like Chelsea, have their own embargo-related system (which also involves 27 players already out on loan). Have no fear, I think he's fine here for a good few more years, notching up goals for us and caps for the Island.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Correct me if I am wrong, and if I am I apologise, but from what I read earlier on in this thread you are highly critical of the hopes and praise for Connolly.
:rolleyes:

#108 explains my jolly jape.

Actually I've been far to praiseful which goes against the master plan.

Should have had a hat trick.
Booooooo

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

im confident he would have played in the League cup, and might get a look in if Murray injured.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
:facepalm:

There's OTT...and there's OTT!
Still, £50M plus in January, with a loan back to the end of the season might rouse a trickle of interest!
Would be gutted if this happens. I hope we at least get to see him this season and next. If he can get 20+ goals next season as a 20 year old he would probably be worth closer to a 100m

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

:lol::lol:

Oh, we do have a pretty good idea, [MENTION=33329]Jolly Red Giant[/MENTION].

It is good of you to come onto this board and give us the benefit of your, er, "wisdom", though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Somebody got paid to write that drivel. Who cares what United fans think about a Brighton player playing against Spurs? Baffling.

No-one could give a toss what United FANS think about Connolly, but unfortunately they aren't the only ones at Old Trafford who clearly rate the lad. Connolly was brought to the Albion during the time that Mark Anderson (the bloke generally credited as "discovering" Raheem Sterling when he was at QPR) was our head of academy player recruitment. In January 2017, after more than four years at Albion, Anderson moved to United.

Even now, every time Connolly scores, Anderson tweets out "#goalmachine".

These are from Saturday:-

[TWEET]1180453785329684480[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1180467441438253056[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1180473586831769601[/TWEET]

And from earlier this year:-

[TWEET]1123219728615596032[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here