Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
He’s full of confidence off the pitch but it immediately he crosses the line it disappears.

I can be a professional footballer still then! Thanks HT,you’ve made my day!! :kiss::O

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Let’s face it the kid is now looking like he’s not even championship level. Worst thing that ever happened to him was that Spurs game and the shotgun contract that followed.

As predicted by myself and others, 2 more years, 3 at tops, before he opens up his very own Ian Beale: apples and pears, only a pony luv an I’ll chuck’in alf pound grapes for yer old Doris. Ear wots your game, tryin mug me off for a paand? Shat it yer lemon, doin my canister you are…Apples ‘an pears anyone, apples ‘an pears!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Some here are struggling to hide how delighted they are that Connolly has had a rough start.

Don’t see that at all, just observations.
No one’s happy young Aaron has not hit the ground running, the best thing for all concerned is if he had.
He’s been sent on loan to get game time, and boost his confidence, things are not going to plan and the Middlesbrough natives aren’t impressed, maybe just maybe he’s not good enough, maybe he’s a step below the championship. Who knows, but that’s how it’s looking right now, no one’s happy about that, we can’t keep saying he will come good tomorrow, when tomorrow never comes.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He’s only had a couple of run outs for them so far, so it will take time. Need to judge him at the end of his loan spell - not after one and half games.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Some here are struggling to hide how delighted they are that Connolly has had a rough start.

I don't think that's really true. It's not about us here. It's not personal.

The overwhelming majority of NSC would like the loan to be successful for all concerned.

As Bry says, more time's needed to judge the loan spell. He may yet come good.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don’t see that at all, just observations.
No one’s happy young Aaron has not hit the ground running, the best thing for all concerned is if he had.
He’s been sent on loan to get game time, and boost his confidence, things are not going to plan and the Middlesbrough natives aren’t impressed, maybe just maybe he’s not good enough, maybe he’s a step below the championship. Who knows, but that’s how it’s looking right now, no one’s happy about that, we can’t keep saying he will come good tomorrow, when tomorrow never comes.

Some 200 minutes in Boro and there's already multiple pages on how he isnt good enough for them, how the other loan players are better and bla bla the usual stuff. Meanwhile Zeqiri has nine straight goalless games in Germany and struggling to get in to the side - not a word, and there is plenty of other examples of players not really excelling on loan deals, and no one gives a shit. But once it comes to Aaron everyone and their mothers cant wait for the opportunity to take another spit at him.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
He’s full of confidence off the pitch but it immediately he crosses the line it disappears.

there's just so much we don't know though. obviously there's stuff that's happened off the pitch, but that could all be the sign of someone who's struggling with the fame of being a footballer. not that he hasn't been at fault, but there could be more to it than meets the eye.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some 200 minutes in Boro and there's already multiple pages on how he isnt good enough for them, how the other loan players are better and bla bla the usual stuff. Meanwhile Zeqiri has nine straight goalless games in Germany and struggling to get in to the side - not a word, and there is plenty of other examples of players not really excelling on loan deals, and no one gives a shit. But once it comes to Aaron everyone and their mothers cant wait for the opportunity to take another spit at him.

I can see why you feel that, I think some of it is borne out of his behaviour with us. I don’t think Zeqiri or any of the other youngsters have been as high profile off the pitch.

The other observation is through no fault of his own Connolly set himself a ridiculously high bar vs Spurs, and may be that will be his peak with us. He was a terrific finisher for the U23s, so hopefully he’ll come good at Boro and return with renewed confidence.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He’s only had a couple of run outs for them so far, so it will take time. Need to judge him at the end of his loan spell - not after one and half games.

Three games actually.

And sadly they thought he was sh*t after the first few minutes of the first one, and they wanted him hooked so they could get the Star Turn from the Big Club on (who unfortunately for Connolly did apparantly perform quite well when he came on).

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

difference being we don't get live updates from grounds in Germany, Belgium, Timbuktu.............

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
there's just so much we don't know though. obviously there's stuff that's happened off the pitch, but that could all be the sign of someone who's struggling with the fame of being a footballer. not that he hasn't been at fault, but there could be more to it than meets the eye.

I’d say the opposite, he seems to totally enjoy the fame of being a footballer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I really struggle to understand the mentality of fans who can’t wait to jump on their keyboards and slag our own players off, whatever the situation. There is nothing positive for the club in Connolly being a failure at any level. The better we get, the worse it gets.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The problem fans have with Connally is that they don’t know if he’s generally shit or a lack of application makes him shit.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sometimes you just have to admit you are wrong about a player.
I was wrong, he is definitely below par for anything other than Lg1 or back to Irish footy,... he may make the grade in Scotland.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here