Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Given one of the main drivers for Aaron to go abroad was to avoid bad influences and get him focused on his football hearing that is a worry.

The Venezia squad has a lot of Americans within it, so you thought that would help him settle in and help with the language barriers.

Interesting to see what happens next in his career.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well we need to free up one of our overseas loan slots if Undav is to be loaned to a foreign club.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There was a small part of me that hoped, even believed perhaps, that he would count his blessings at finding himself in the impossibly beautiful setting of Venice, get his head down, concentrate on his training, follow orders and achieve a good report.

He's not going to make it, is he?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Given one of the main drivers for Aaron to go abroad was to avoid bad influences and get him focused on his football hearing that is a worry.

The Venezia squad has a lot of Americans within it, so you thought that would help him settle in and help with the language barriers.

Interesting to see what happens next in his career.

MLS / Frat Party Connoisseur?

Chug chug chug

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Well we need to free up one of our overseas loan slots if Undav is to be loaned to a foreign club.
No we won’t, we can loan out a maximum of 8 players over the age of 21 to foreign clubs. We are no where near this number as most of the players on loan are still under 21. For this season any player born on or after Jan 1st 2001 counts as an under 21.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There was a small part of me that hoped, even believed perhaps, that he would count his blessings at finding himself in the impossibly beautiful setting of Venice, get his head down, concentrate on his training, follow orders and achieve a good report.

I think he potentially has a future in the professional game. The thing is it’s going to be a slow slide down the leagues until he finds his “level”. Sad to see, but the guy really doesn’t help himself.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

Nope.

Offering a young player a huge lengthy contract after a flash in the pan performance was a rare but huge mistake from the club.

It's particularly strange as we have been so hesistant when it comes to offering our key players longer contracts.

Should we have known then, what we know now, about AC... then he wouldn't have been offered a new contract at all.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022

This sounds like they want to send him back to me. Not been in the squad for the last 10 games. Cites 'adaption issues.'
If they are sending him back to you do you want to keep him ?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
C1E47663-3483-44FE-8C1C-FA14420918FF.jpeg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Looks like another sad story. I think it is very easy to underestimate the level of Maturity needed by what are really young lads having the world at their feet.

How many of us could honestly say we would show the maturity of Caicedo, Lamptey, Encisco, Sarmiento, Moder, AliMac, at the ages it all started happening for them, certainly not me :wink:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
How can he mess that up. What a dream to spend a few months in Venice.
And get paid very handsomely for the ordeal. Don't forget this chance of a lifetime came after Middlesbrough.

I'm gutted for him, the fans and the club. Imagine how gutted Tony Bloom must feel.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Agreed. Absolutely golden chance to turn his career around.

If he's blown it, well, at least he's got one more season of albion wages and then :shrug:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
How can he mess that up. What a dream to spend a few months in Venice.
Sadly, it'll soon be water under the bridge for Aaron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here