Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Still, goals sell no matter circumstances and he's proven to be quite efficient in the Championship when actually fit. Sheffield is a bit surprising though, would have predicted a mid/bottom team.

It interests me, because often clubs will turn a blind eye to off-field shenanigans if there are goals coming in on the pitch.

The fact that he was performing at Hull, and they STILL let him go must suggest they felt that behaviourally he was still on a downward trajectory?

I don’t feel too sorry for him, coz he’s clearly enjoying himself in one way or another, and making a better living than most. I do wonder what his ceiling would have been if he could concentrate a bit more on the football and get an occasional early night though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It interests me, because often clubs will turn a blind eye to off-field shenanigans if there are goals coming in on the pitch.

The fact that he was performing at Hull, and they STILL let him go must suggest they felt that behaviourally he was still on a downward trajectory?

I don’t feel too sorry for him, coz he’s clearly enjoying himself in one way or another, and making a better living than most. I do wonder what his ceiling would have been if he could concentrate a bit more on the football and get an occasional early night though.
Exactly.

No one makes themselves a better player by wide-boying it in Shooosh with an entourage and a Love Island slapper.

Whatever he achieves, it’s likely he could have achieved much more.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Hull finances + Connolly being injured half of the season. Even if it turns out he was force feeding poor kids spinach every day in Hull, they would still have let him go.
Has to be said United fans not exactly massively excited for this

Well no shit, its hardly the kind of signing people want when they expect the team to bounce right up, is it?

Fans aren't always right though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very strange one as while he might not be good enough for the top league I’m surprised a club further down the chain or Scotland has taken him on

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very strange one as while he might not be good enough for the top league I’m surprised a club further down the chain or Scotland has taken him on
There must be quite a few players in similar positions though. Top clubs have so many players on their books these days, there must be a lot of competition amongst those rejected.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Off field attitude/behaviour reducing on field contribution/ability.

Not sure why any team would want him or want to pay the wages he’d demand.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Off field attitude/behaviour reducing on field contribution/ability.

Not sure why any team would want him or want to pay the wages he’d demand.
Well this is the thing - what are 'the wages he'd DEMAND'?

At some point, unless he wants to retire at 24, his wage DEMANDS will have to drop to a figure somebody is prepared to pay him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here