Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] AA/RAC membership.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’ve had two very poor experiences with RAC, left for hours and hours with small children, in one case we had a starter fault and after 5 hours an rac man came out and said it was because we were near a mobile phone mast, complete nonsense.

We have had two very positive experiences with green flag (both times they outsourced it to Westbourne) who were fast and actually diagnosed the issue and helped us.

I would never use the rac again.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Might be worth looking at bank accounts with "free" cover included. Depends how much cover you need but I have had no issues with the cover my joint Lloyd's account give me, plus I have worldwide travel insurance and mobile phone insurance, saves me a load each year compared to buying the three separately
Yes. We have that with Barclays. £14.50 a month. Admittedly some of the perks have diminished over the years (they've scrapped the free will-writing service!), but it's still got breakdown cover (RAC) and travel insurance. We've used both over the years with zero hassle.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Also advocate Nationwide FlexPlus. I have a joint account and it covers both account holders in any car.

Tried to add my kids to the joint account but its limited to 2 people, so the 2 older kids opened their own joint account so they can share the benefits. The get full UK and European AA cover and travel insurance for £6.50 per month each. Can't get a beer for that in a lot of pubs these days.

All my purchases are valued against the cost of a pint, if I want to buy something I then drink less in the pub until its paid for :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've got the Nationwide Flexplus account, £13 month.
  • Worldwide travel insurance cover for your family, for trips up to 31 days
    This includes cover for winter sports, travel disruptions and more from Aviva Insurance Limited. You can also upgrade your travel insurance to get the holiday cover you need.
  • Mobile phone insurance for the whole family
    Your phone and those belonging to your partner and dependent children are covered for loss, theft, damage and faults by Assurant.
  • Vehicle breakdown cover in the UK and the rest of Europe
    Includes cover for any eligible vehicle you're travelling in plus any vehicles you own, even if somebody else is driving. Provided by the AA.
  • Use your card while you're on holiday
    There are no Nationwide charges for using your card abroad or in a non-sterling currency.
I used breakdown cover when my daughter broke down. Had to drive to her (10 miles) and then said I was a passenger in the car. Free use of card was great in Europe as opposed to my mate who used his card in Europe and fees cost him a fortune.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here