Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A27 road works

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was in Hastings today and the Lewes road works coupled with Hastings seafront being closed due to the pier ment my journey was over 2 hours.

Lewes added about 20 mins to the journey arriving west bound at about 17:00

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Barrier fence - A mate of mine does fencing and he says he could get a decent gate up there in a day. Why 11 weeks FFS?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
11 weeks? SAKE, it does say 4 weeks on all the signs. I am leaving home before 7 at the mo to miss the most of the traffic, it seems pretty bad between 5-6 back to Brighton too :(

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
Traffic is f***ed in the mornings and evenings. Tailbacks from Kingston roundabout to Falmer, traffic crawling.

In the evenings, the area around Lewes is gridlock, but not quite as bad once you pass Kingston.

This is miserable stuff.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dear that sounds bad, I thought the road works in Worthing (Steine) were bad enough at the moment but no where near as bad as what you guys are saying!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I left bexhill at 7 last night thinking I would be ok but it still added 20 minutes onto my journey time.

I reckon the best bet would be to go round the southerham roundabout through the Cuilfail Tunnel and through that way past the prison as between southerham and kingston roundabouts it goes down to one lane and is a joke.

Don't try this during the morning / evening rush. Traffic has been stacked up through Lewes for the last couple of days with people saying it takes 20 minutes to get from the town centre up to the prison.

Lord B can you divulge the availability of parking near glynde station at all? I WOULD like to get the train to work in Brighton, but train stations pointing south are in short supply in the halland/blackboys area....

There's a car park at the station itself. Free parking - I think because nobody knows whether it's railway land or not. Usually fairly full, but rarely completely chokka.

The station is unstaffed and there is no ticket machine - just a permit to travel machine that will let you on to the train for just 5p.

From Halland, drive through Ringmer and turn left on to the Glyndebourne / Glynde road. Trains leave for Brighton at 0643, 0706, 0735, 0816, 0823 and then at 22 minutes past the hour (if you catch the 0643, 0735 or 0816, you have to change at Lewes, because those trains go to London).

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Is it ok travelling West from the Kingston roundabout towrads Falmer?

PG

As long as it isn't rush hour, went through in about 5 minutes at about 4 this afternoon. At the moment I'm working in Crowborough so the morning journey is being royally f***ed up at the moment. Taking the cross country route instead and it seemed the traffic was much heavier on the A272 this morning.

sammy g

Its hell. I get the bus from the Prison into Brighton. When things are normal I can leave just after 8, yesterday I left at 7.45 and still waited for almost 30 mins for a bus and was late for work making it a hatrick for the week.

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
I've got to cover a driver off next week on this route. His tried every way round now and is not working for him. His still getting back late every day. So it looks like I've got a shity week ahead of me. Sometimes I f***ing hate my job! Is it really worth it for minimum wage? I feel I'd be better off on the dole then put up with this shit.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
There's a car park at the station itself. Free parking - I think because nobody knows whether it's railway land or not. Usually fairly full, but rarely completely chokka.

The station is unstaffed and there is no ticket machine - just a permit to travel machine that will let you on to the train for just 5p.

From Halland, drive through Ringmer and turn left on to the Glyndebourne / Glynde road. Trains leave for Brighton at 0643, 0706, 0735, 0816, 0823 and then at 22 minutes past the hour (if you catch the 0643, 0735 or 0816, you have to change at Lewes, because those trains go to London).

I am now a commuter from Glynde! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here