Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 tomorrow morning

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
one and a half hours to get from Hickstead to the top of handcross hill this morning!!!

It was chaos this morning.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I used it last Friday. I didn't notice any difference. In fact the traffic flowed quite cleanly through it. Was there an accident at the time? It was 50 though, not sure 40 will make too much difference?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I got to hickstead around 8:10 and after half an hour and half way up bolney hill, a police car had blocked the outside lane with someone broken down in the inside lane( maybe they had pushed it over from the outside lane) but we all crawled along from there...with people diving up the slip road to the garage and diving back into traffic before the bridge ( causing lots of road rage from people who were patiently queueing).

We then crawled through the 40 mph area and no-one appeared to be broken down up hancross hill

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Pile up by the garden centre, and a couple of cars breaking down on the run in. Not fun, though I did get to extend my morning listening into the final Reith lecture instead of sitting at my desk.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
one and a half hours to get from Hickstead to the top of handcross hill this morning!!!

It was chaos this morning.

There was a bit of everything this morning.

Just before it goes down to 2 lanes a car had broken down in the inside lane. Past that another one had broken down in the outside lane and then by the garden centre 2 cars had taken part in a coming together situation.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So, in summary, the roadworks weren't anything to do with the holdups, it was more the fact that there were two broken down cars and an accident?

I went up and down there the other morning and it was completely uneventful.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So, in summary, the roadworks weren't anything to do with the holdups, it was more the fact that there were two broken down cars and an accident?

to be fair, I was talking about today, I went up yesterday and it was fine.....people do seem to be sensible coming up to the place where the outside lane is closed off ( apart from teh dicks who think it is clever running the slip road to the garage and squeezing in the other side)

this morning it was chaos

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Correct - and there were many many mornings like this before the works started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here