Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 Crash

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
timco said:
Cos they was on the mobile too them at the time saying bugger me this car can go over a ton!

Its warm i'll leave me coat, Taxi!
:wave:
I was waiting for someone to say that. Well done Timco, step forward and claim your prize:rolleyes:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
A point about the original question. I travel 120 miles a day, to and from work along the A50 in Staffordshire (a very fast Dual Carriageway linking M6 and M1). There are about 5 serious Accidents a month. 50% roughly are totally down to driver error, stupidity etc. The rest are down to type blow outs, mechanical failure. Driver error ranges from the ridiculous (i.e. on phone going 110 in heavy traffic, and not noticing traffic ahead stopped) to Lorrys pulling out from laybys straight into cars (happens a lot).

We all make misakes in cars, and I am no better than average behind the wheel, I agree stupidity is annoying, dangerous and can sometimes be fatal, I just pray that it is not me making the mistake that causes an accident.

Michel Kuipers had a smash didn't he, I don't seem to think that was entirely his fault.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
well said Staffs . . . . I dont think it was kuipers fault per se, but on the other hand it can't not be his faulyt if he was driving the car ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
StaffsGull said:

Michel Kuipers had a smash didn't he, I don't seem to think that was entirely his fault.
I seem to remember reading that he was on the wrong side of the road coming away from Ditchling Beacon and hit an off duty policewoman in her car. I think it was in the Arsegus so it may be complete bollocks but if that was the case then I think you could safely say it was his fault :lolol:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
zefarelly said:
99% of them are totally avoidable

Please excuse my language Zef, but your statement is f***ing bollocks

Been in a Range Rover that had a blow-out, we went rocketing into a lorry in front of us, and ended up spinning round a few times and pointing the wrong way down the motorway :ohmy:

Ambulance, fire- engines, police, the full monty......

Think before you engage your brain in future and make stupid comments like the above. I admit there are loads of truly shocking drivers on the roads today, but ACCIDENTS do happen, and are no fault of the driver

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
zefarelly said:
I think you made a slight typo there so I rectified it for you :lolol:
Thanks, what was I thinking :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Please excuse my language Zef, but your statement is f***ing bollocks

Been in a Range Rover that had a blow-out, we went rocketing into a lorry in front of us, and ended up spinning round a few times and pointing the wrong way down the motorway :ohmy:

Ambulance, fire- engines, police, the full monty......

Think before you engage your brain in future and make stupid comments like the above. I admit there are loads of truly shocking drivers on the roads today, but ACCIDENTS do happen, and are no fault of the driver

f*** you too 99% of accidents are avoidable.

. . .how fast where you going ? even having a blow, out if your concentrating and have both hands on the wheel you should be able to control the car, admittedly Range rovers are f***ing dangerous vehicles anyway, but thats your choice :shootself

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
zefarelly said:
f*** you too 99% of accidents are avoidable.

. . .how fast where you going ? even having a blow, out if your concentrating and have both hands on the wheel you should be able to control the car, admittedly Range rovers are f***ing dangerous vehicles anyway, but thats your choice :shootself

What a f***ing plum you are.....and what a stupid thing to say "99% of accidents are avoidable"

Do you even drive Zef? Because coming out with winners like the above just show what a complete div you are.

And making a comment about Range Rovers being dangerous vehicles, but that's my choice......what a twat

How old are you? You talk as if you are 16 maximum

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
FFS both of you, I have had a blow out at 75 mph in my old (very) Skoda Rapid Coupe :blush: and managed to steer in ok, but I have also been in a car that has been hit by something a lorry threw up and made the driver veer into the central reservation, again I was lucky. I have hit cars from behind one sticks out, static traffic in one of the tunnels through the A38 in Bimingham, felt it was not my fault, but on reflection, if I had been going slower round the tunnel bend, and not 40mph (even though 2 lanes) I would probably have stopped, so therefore I was not driving well, I was within the law though.

We will nearly all have an accident (yes, accidents, nobody I know goes out to smash their car up) at some point, but just hope it is not too serious, those that are killed etc are the unlucky ones.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
thats right dancin ninja I'm 15 and have never sat in a car other than my Dads, and I'm tossing off to the centre spread of Max power whilst I write :eek:

Range Rovers and most 4x4's are very unstable at high speed - FACT theyre not designed for it, in my view thay should be used off road and have a maximum road speed limit of 40mph . . . .you dont see farmers doing 70mph + on the motorway do you ?

on Driven a few weeks back the put a professional driver in a Range Rover (with a cage and harness I might add) made him do an emergency stop . . . . he rolled it quite spectacularly, and to the average driver that would have been a very nasty accident . . .akin to what you described earlier . . .and obviously not a pleasant experience (as a matter of interest the same test in a saloon car made a big screech and swerve , and little else)

I stand by my comment, maybe 99% is a little high but a vast majority of accidents are caused by driver error, therefore theyre avoidable, ok we all make mistakes, but as you said there are shocking drivers out there . . . .maybe if something was done about them the roads would be safer ?

as for the state of your vehicle . . .most people dont know one end of their car from another . . .I believe thats another dangerous aspect . . . if you dont know how it works you can easily be driving around in a death trap, again . . .thats highly avoidable.

I'm not going to get into a slagging match with you about this because its not worth my time and effort, I believe my reasons are logical and valid, maybe not as well worded (or understood for that matter) as they could be .. .its been a long week !

For your information, I'm a design engineer by trade, I build, restore and race cars in my spare time, I have been driving around 20 000 miles plus a year for over 15 years and have never had an accident (this is something I feel very lucky about because I've seen some nasty stuff) so dont come on here giving me wind up verabals about being a twat, twat!

I'm off home for a beer in the sun

have a good weekend !!!!!!

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
Steady with your handbags boys...

Oh I just don't know where to begin
Though he says he'll wait forever
It's now or never
But she keeps him hanging on
The silly champion
She says she can't go home
Without a chaperone

Accidents will happen
We only hit and run
He used to be your victim
Now you're not the only one

Accidents will happen
We only hit and run
I don't want to hear it
'Cause I know what I've done

There's so many fish in the sea
That only rise up in the sweat and smoke like mercury
But they keep you hanging on
They say you're so young
Your mind is made up but your mouth is undone

(Chorus)

And it's the damage that we do
And never know
It's the words that we don't say
That scare me so

There's so many people to see
So many people you can check up on
And add to your collection
But they keep you hanging on
Until you're well hung
Your mouth is made up but your mind is undone

Just hope nobody was badly hurt on the A23 this morning???

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Zef... I went past the aftermath of that accident this morning about about 8:40. The inside lane was closed off. The car was on the grass and seemed to be REALLY wrecked. The roof had obviously been cut off and the whole thing seemed to be totalled. There was a lamppost lying on the floor nearby it, and glass all over the place. Not sure of the circumstances, but they obviously left the road at a bit of speed and took a lamppost out. Didnt see any other cars involved - unless they'd already been towed when I went past. I'd be amazed if someone wasnt seriously injured in it.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Bit of respect here guys. No matter whos fault (if anyone) the accident last month was all those who died were loved by their friends and family and this isn't really the place to be making sick jokes or appointing blame!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
timseagull said:
Bit of respect here guys. No matter whos fault (if anyone) the accident last month was all those who died were loved by their friends and family and this isn't really the place to be making sick jokes or appointing blame!
Yes, quite right. Lets stop discussing things in case it offends anyone :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here