Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A year from today

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm starting to love the 6th of August, three years ago I sold my business on this day and next year will be one of the best days of my sporting life as we see the mighty Albion at Falmer!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Stadium with Soul.

:bowdown:

May I also say that, with one year to go, and the countdown now measured in days rather than months, that I wish each and every one of you lasting and enjoyable care and health (we've lost too many friends along the way) in order that you can enjoy that day - a day you will be able to remember and cherish forever, where we can raise our glasses high and say with satisfaction - 'WE WERE THERE'.

We wanted it, we fought for it, we've got it, it's ours.

Not long now. See you at the gate.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The Stadium with Soul.

:bowdown:

May I also say that, with one year to go, and the countdown now measured in days rather than months, that I wish each and every one of you lasting and enjoyable care and health (we've lost too many friends along the way) in order that you can enjoy that day - a day you will be able to remember and cherish forever, where we can raise our glasses high and say with satisfaction - 'WE WERE THERE'.

We wanted it, we fought for it, we've got it, it's ours.

Not long now. See you at the gate.

Great post. Alot of us have lost close ones along the way.

Will be a highly charged day full of emotion

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wont we be playing away because the gays have their party in the park and the league have yet to say yes? :jester:

So actually it would be next week?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wont we be playing away because the gays have their party in the park and the league have yet to say yes? :jester:

In all seriousness, I'm struggling to think of a reason why any of the parties the club has asked (the police, the Football League, the Pride committee) would want to put a kybosh on this plan.

There will be a serious shit-storm dumped on any of them if they do turn down this proposal.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In all seriousness, I'm struggling to think of a reason why any of the parties the club has asked (the police, the Football League, the Pride committee) would want to put a kybosh on this plan.

There will be a serious shit-storm dumped on any of them if they do turn down this proposal.

Dont worry. Some of the posters on here are quite happy for our SECOND (or even third game if you count the league cup) of the season to be at Falmer.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

If Pride got the nob, I mean nod. I wouldnt be bothered that much about the first home game being put back a week. We waited 14 years for this, so another extra week wouldnt bother me THAT much more. I think it would be brilliant if the first league game was a midweek night game.

We would get a brilliant sunset and the flood lights full beam straight after. Would make it even more magical. In my opinion like...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

So actually it would be next week?

I think there is an agreement that Pride will look for another weekend.

I was wondering though if it might be moved to the friday night for Sky to make their first game of the season?

I know lots of clubs have moved and Sky didn't select them for the 1st game but this has been such a massive story for such a long time that i think they might be interested.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If Pride got the nob, I mean nod. I wouldnt be bothered that much about the first home game being put back a week. We waited 14 years for this, so another extra week wouldnt bother me THAT much more. I think it would be brilliant if the first league game was a midweek night game.

We would get a brilliant sunset and the flood lights full beam straight after. Would make it even more magical. In my opinion like...

It would more than likely be Wycombe at home in the league cup. What an ANTI CLIMAX that would be.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think there is an agreement that Pride will look for another weekend.

I was wondering though if it might be moved to the friday night for Sky to make their first game of the season?

I know lots of clubs have moved and Sky didn't select them for the 1st game but this has been such a massive story for such a long time that i think they might be interested.

Now THAT is a SPLENDID idea....but I fear that some people may miss due to work/getting to there..

However its possible that people would like a 3pm Saturday GALA opening.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The risk is that we'd get a Tuesday night League Cup match at home to Dagenham & Redbridge. Not much of an opening, is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here