Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Whing

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
How can you say that whing doesn't care, every game he gives 100% and you can see his commitment every game, hence why he won player of the season

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
How can you say that whing doesn't care, every game he gives 100% and you can see his commitment every game, hence why he won player of the season
indeed , but that does seem far too sensible to say - at it finishes this thread on the second page

theres got to be at least two arguments , a banning and a whole crock of shit spouted before common sense prevails

A VERY average Right Back at league one level. Yes he is a tryer and that made him stand out for the last 3 months last season as the rest of the team could not give a toss.

What a crock of shit but no surprise there then.

Whing is an excellent RB at this and possibly higher level and if we don't have him we will miss him more than many think. Decent RB's are not easy to come by and comments about Harty being an option is just delusional.

AW is entitled to look for his best options but I for one hope he re signs for us :clap::clap:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think this isn't just a problem with Whing - it's more to do with the way the club has been run in recent years. We bring a player in, and give them a contract. If the player is doing well for us (and I think we all pretty much agree, to a greater or lesser extent, that Whiny was doing pretty well) why the hell aren't we sitting down with them half way through the contract and negotiating an extension, instead of waiting until it runs out and faffing about with the player available to anyone else on a free?
It would be better for the player (a degree of job security, so hopefully repaying that with more loyalty to the club) and, if the player did decide they wanted away, we could demand a fee for them. OK, the fee might only be a few days wages to a Prem. player, but it would be better than zilch, which is what we'll get if Whingy accepts a better offer from somebody else (as he's fully entitled to do).
We should have had contract negotiations with him back in January and secured his services for one or two more seasons. Other clubs seem to do things that way - and let's be honest, there's quite a few clubs around who are doing rather better than us!

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
All these people who are claiming Whing is 'average' were singing his praises when he was single handidly taking on teams such as MK Dons and Crewe. but now when he is stalling and checking his options, he is being abused for being unloyal and people are saying we are better off without him which is just utter bullshit.we need our best players to stay if we want to get up the leagues and slagging him off isnt helping

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Andy if you do go thanks for a good two years! Been probably the most consistent other than Forster.

If you leave mate I dont blame you as you have maintained your dignity throughout. But a word of advice dont say you will sign (you havent yet to be fair) then sign for someone else!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How can an average player who was only awarded player of the season because he tried not because he was an outstanding footballer treat us like this.
I dont want players playing for our club who dont care.He is trying to get a move to Leeds,Huddersfield etc when we have apparently offered him a great 2 year deal for a player of his limited ability and there should be a time limit on him to accept and not just sign for us as a last resort

We are better than that.......I have lost a lot of respect i gained last season for A Whing.

Finally do we really need a player who would not be good enough in the championship as he cannot even pass the ball.

Rant over.

What is wrong with some of the fans at the club? I don't get this attitude of running down people associated with this club

Whing has not left, he could still stay and if he did, it would be a good thing for us imo, he is a committed player who tries his best for the team who wasn't helped last season by a load of uninterested loan players who surprisingly never seem to suffer anywhere near the abuse our perminent players get.

Give me a committed player any day of the week. But due to this poor attitude of some of our fans towards our players i'm not surprised players like Whing stall over signing new contracts, or why we struggle to convince new players to join, or players desire to perform/ moral suffers

It certainly doesn't lend itself towards making the club more appealing for any potential signing or keeping those who go out of contract.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Maybe it could be down to travelling? We just don't know the real reason why, but if Whingy signs for us again I'll be over the moon. But if he moves on, then so be it he been loyal and always wore his heart on his sleeve for us. Good luck to him, but I bloody hope he stays here...

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I like Whing and his undoubted never say die attitude.

He has every right to consider his options to better himself, get more wages etc etc.

But I do think we are being played for fools as a club. A deadline should have been set (maybe it has?) for him to agree to our terms or all bets are off.

If he then reconsiders after any deadline then we can look at our options and we can be in the driving seat.

He owes us nothing, we owe him nothing.

Same goes for any player we offer a deal to.

I agree with some of your points but I will question that we owe him nothing he was a bright spot in a (let's be wild ears fo a moment) very disapointing season his passes weren't always perfect but his hard work and dedication were inspiring. We owe him our respect and gratitude. I hope he stays, I wish him good luck if he doesn't.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In the event he doesn't re-sign I see that Yeovil are expecting Lee Peltier to leave?
23 years old. Very talented. Ex Liverpool youth, signed by Slade. Midfielder but also able to play right back

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Dick Tight? Sure. He wasn't rich as, but he is not going to see the personal money he invested in BHAFC again. But this isn't the place to talk about that

Whingy should consider his options. He hasn't said 'sure i will sign' and then gone to leeds! I think he is just looking to get all he can so he doesn't have to work after he retires. Fair play to him. As for him not being that good, what is it about football fans not being graceful about a player leaving! He is a really good player. Technical skill only takes you so far. He has the skills to do the job well, and does it! Lay off him. I want him to stay and it would be a loss if we lost him, because he IS a good player!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here