Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A warning to anyone who wants a T-shirt with some naughty rude swear words on it...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
this is a fave of mine:

Anti-Bush T-Shirt

WHIO-TV 12/12/02

Original Link: http://www.activedayton.com/partners/whiotv/news/1209_tshirt.html

Secret Service Agents question a Bellbrook High School student for wearing a controversial t-shirt.

The shirt has a picture of President Bush on it and the words, "not my president."

Because this issue is so sensitive, even we don't know the students name.

But we can tell you this whole thing was brought to the attention of school administrators after two students came forward and complained.

According to the Assistant Principal, the student had worn it before and the shirt didn't cause any problems until cross hairs appeared on the President's forehead.

The Assistant Principal confiscated the shirt, called the FBI and agents then called the secret service.

From that point, the Secret Service took over the investigation and met with the student and essentially treated the situation as a potential threat on the president.

There are more than 800 students at Bellbrook High School and the Assistant Principal says they're all good kids, but he's especially proud of two of them.

They tell us we're all responsible for homeland security, and they did what they're supposed to do and we're very proud of them for taking the stance that they did.

FAT-101~Fat-Wreck-Chords-Not-My-President-Posters.jpg

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I recall seeing American comedienne Sandra Bernhard on the Graham Nortion show last year wearing a t-shirt proclaiming" 'The only Bush I trust is my own'.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Fine threat over T-shirt slogan

_44055208_pratty203x300.jpg

A man spotted wearing a T-shirt bearing an "offensive" slogan in a city centre has been warned he risks an £80 fine if he is caught again. Forklift driver David Pratt was told by street wardens in Peterborough he could cause offence or incite violence. The slogan on the garment read: "Don't piss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies."

Peterborough City Council said using insulting or offensive language was an offence, even if it appeared in print. Mr Pratt, 46, an American living in Peterborough, was approached by the wardens as he waited for a bus with his wife Elly.

"It is insane. I have worn it in the city centre hundreds of times", said Mr Pratt, whose wife bought him the T-shirt in Venice Beach, California. "Most people who see it just chuckle. Some people have even stopped me to tell me they like my T-shirt. We have put this incident online on several blogs and 90% of people who have commented said they found it hilarious or that I should have the right to wear it wherever I like."

Asked whether he would wear the T-shirt again, Mr Pratt replied: "I am wearing it now. If I get a written apology I will wear it in the city centre again. It's a bummer because I like the shirt, but I am trying to get citizenship but if I get a fine I can kiss citizenship goodbye. I really don't see how the wording on my T-shirt could incite violence - it's humour, that's all it is."

In a statement, Peterborough City Council said: "The incident is the subject of an official complaint to the council and is currently under investigation. "However, using offensive, abusive, or insulting language is an offence under the Public Order Act, which also applies to such language appearing in print. In what was an amicable conversation, the street warden advised the gentleman concerned that his T-shirt could cause offence and if he was to wear it again he could run the risk of being issued an £80 on-the-spot fine from the police."

This sort of thing happens every now and then. I remember back when I was at Uni in Sunderland, a bloke got done in Newcastle for wearing a Pop Will Eat Itself "Sample it, loop it, f*** it and eat it" T-shirt.

Fork Me

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
This sort of thing happens every now and then. I remember back when I was at Uni in Sunderland, a bloke got done in Newcastle for wearing a Pop Will Eat Itself "Sample it, loop it, f*** it and eat it" T-shirt.

Fork Me

Why do you write your user name after every post?

Gerbil

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Geezer at Crewe on saturday had on a "Palace Die" T shirt.
Fair enough, except he made me look young and hard. Must have been well into his fifties and not the fittest for his age. Unlikely to make his shirt come true - at least not in hand to hand combat.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
20 years ago, Kit Kat had an advertising campaign along the lines of, If you want a break, have a Kit Kat.

A friend of mine found a shirt that said,
If you want a break, have a quick crap.

He was forced, under threat of arrest, to remove it and promise never to wear it again.

So nothing much has changed really.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fine threat over T-shirt slogan

_44055208_pratty203x300.jpg

A man spotted wearing a T-shirt bearing an "offensive" slogan in a city centre has been warned he risks an £80 fine if he is caught again. Forklift driver David Pratt was told by street wardens in Peterborough he could cause offence or incite violence. The slogan on the garment read: "Don't piss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies."

Peterborough City Council said using insulting or offensive language was an offence, even if it appeared in print. Mr Pratt, 46, an American living in Peterborough, was approached by the wardens as he waited for a bus with his wife Elly.

"It is insane. I have worn it in the city centre hundreds of times", said Mr Pratt, whose wife bought him the T-shirt in Venice Beach, California. "Most people who see it just chuckle. Some people have even stopped me to tell me they like my T-shirt. We have put this incident online on several blogs and 90% of people who have commented said they found it hilarious "

Poor old Mr Pratt :lolol:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
So my "If it ain't STIFF it ain't worth a f***" T shirt from the 70s has to go in the bin does it ? I did have to point out to some woman once that "STIFF" was the name of a record label after she'd looked at the shirt and said "That's rude"

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
So my "If it ain't STIFF it ain't worth a f***" T shirt from the 70s has to go in the bin does it ? I did have to point out to some woman once that "STIFF" was the name of a record label after she'd looked at the shirt and said "That's rude"

You'd be better off sticking it on eBay.

Stiff memorabilia is worth a few bob these days.

Fork Me

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Many moons ago when I lived in another country where voting was compulsory a young lady turned up to vote wearing a t shirt with a candidates name and party on it.

A teller thought that this was not allowed in the voting booth,so to the joy and applause of fellow voters she took of the offending garment,revealing two more attractive points of her political persuasion.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
I went out with a girl once that had a T shirt that said-

Diamonds are a girls best friend but a good stiff willy comes a bloody close second.

She came with a lot of baggage so I moved on, sorry jogged on.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs

Yes, without any question sir.

And if you still have any Sta prest or Ben Shermans bin them as well unless you are lucky enough to still fit them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here