Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from their manager

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I noticed a few Tranmere fans applauding their players off after the game. They must be just as deluded, because I'm telling you if I saw the Albion perform like they did (and I have witnessed plenty of shit performances over the years) they would not be getting a bloody round of applause, just a stony silence and probably a few boos from the Albion end.

I can't recall quite such a deluded version of events from a manager. Tranmere were, frankly, embarrassing. No pride, no passion (apart from their whiny number 25 who could at least be arsed to argue with the officials), no skill whatsoever. We took the piss out of them at times. I was slightly concerned at the start about what Andy Robinson might do, as I've always rated him in the past. But he did the sum total of absolutely bugger all, his frustrations summed up by his going straight through the back of Calderon, one of the more obvious red cards we've seen in recent years.

On the subject of players diving: well I did think Hendrie performed a dying swan act a couple of times when he came on, hope he cuts that out. And Murray gets fouled all over the place so inevitably ends up on the floor a lot. I suspect he's the one Mr Magoo in charge of Tranmere is aiming that remark about. Again, total rubbish.

As someone else has pointed out, the worst culprit for going to ground easily was a 6ft plus, muscular striker who failed to get off one single shot in the entire game and tumbled repeatedly to earth at the slightest hint of a breeze or presence of an opposing player in the same hemisphere as him. Well done, Bas Savage, thank GOD we've moved on from relying on players like you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Edna, I will take issue with one of your points.

I thought No.5 Ian Goodison had a very good match, and seemed to be playing for the entire team. But for him Murray would have had a laugh and a hatful. Wouldn't mind Goodison down here.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Edna, I will take issue with one of your points.

I thought No.5 Ian Goodison had a very good match, and seemed to be playing for the entire team. But for him Murray would have had a laugh and a hatful. Wouldn't mind Goodison down here.

He's a hoofer though. Wins the ball a lot but just lumps it forward or out of play every time. Can't see that fitting in with Poyet's plan- hell if he's managed to get Elphick and El Abd playing it neatly out of defence, it's a clear sign of where he's heading.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He's a hoofer though. Wins the ball a lot but just lumps it forward or out of play every time. Can't see that fitting in with Poyet's plan- hell if he's managed to get Elphick and El Abd playing it neatly out of defence, it's a clear sign of where he's heading.

Sounds like Elphick and El-Abd from three months ago. And Virgo from yesterday (his first pass was a masterclass in forgetting what you've been told to do and returning to your default setting - 'kick').

Goodison's hoofing it cos his manager (you know, the berk with little comprehension of football) told him to.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like Elphick and El-Abd from three months ago. And Virgo from yesterday (his first pass was a masterclass in forgetting what you've been told to do and returning to your default setting - 'kick').

Goodison's hoofing it cos his manager (you know, the berk with little comprehension of football) told him to.

Maybe.

People say you can't polish a turd, but clearly Gus has hidden away somewhere a special, magic poo-shining cloth.

It's the only explanation for the transformation in some of our players since the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here