Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from the donny fans

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
They are not happy are they. Can't blame them really, must be gutted in a variety of ways.

A lot of them seem blinkered to the fact that they roughed us up like f*** all first half... The worst you can say is that we meant to give a bit back in the second, and that was unfortunately typified by Dunk's challenge. I think we all know that no-one wanted to do any serious harm to another player however.

As I say, I couldn't be so reasonable if I were in their shoes...

But THEY started it, SO NEURRGGHHHHHH!!!!

Genuinely hope Sharp is OK and that Donny can get themselves going asap this season. I don't think they like us any more...

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Do we care they dont like us anymore ? im not that bothered, if they bad losers like this, so they okay to kick us but when we challenge back oh how dare you.
I read a couple of comments that made sense from doncaster saying we tried our hardest to give doncaster the points, with our missed chances, and yes of course id be mad that sharp has a bad injury but it wasnt a karl henry challenge, it was mistimed and i believe the most harm done was via his landing and not the actual challenge itself.

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
They are not happy are they. Can't blame them really, must be gutted in a variety of ways.

A lot of them seem blinkered to the fact that they roughed us up like f*** all first half... The worst you can say is that we meant to give a bit back in the second, and that was unfortunately typified by Dunk's challenge. I think we all know that no-one wanted to do any serious harm to another player however.

As I say, I couldn't be so reasonable if I were in their shoes...

But THEY started it, SO NEURRGGHHHHHH!!!!

Genuinely hope Sharp is OK and that Donny can get themselves going asap this season. I don't think they like us any more...

I hope you're not serious about that , you struggled and we have less physicality than any team I know. :annoyed: Look at the 1st. half again when you get the chance and sit there and analyse it properly. I'll expect an apology later . :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If I'd been a Donny fan, I'd have been absolutely gutted about today, so you can excuse some disappointment. They spent all last season letting in late goals, and had six players out injured after three months off BEFORE kick-off. To lose in that manner as well as their top two strikers for (likely) months through injury must have been a real sickener. O'Driscoll was far more bothered about the injuries than losing.

I thought Dunk's challenge was a really bad one, but it wasn't the only one. Just shows how a match can slip away from a referee who doesn't make the right calls early on in a game, whether it's letting things go or coming down hard.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think they "roughed us up", any more than we did them. A couple of clumsy tackles on both sides, par for the course and no more than that.

I bet you anything we'll end up being two of the softer teams in this league, in terms of fouls and cards. No thugs out there IMHO.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
maybe you'll get it, we'll see. i have challenges by cottinger and naylor going through my head, and a variety of late ones on lualua... all first half me old mucker! undoubtedly i wouldn't have noticed anything in mid-air challenges, as i would have been watching the ball. are these the sort you mean??!

going to bed now, gotta save some bickering for tomorrow! best of luck to donny, expect we're enemies now. dunk can look forward to some boos if he plays at your place, i'd imagine.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Tottaly understandable that they're devestated. What a way to lose, 98th minute and losing your two strikers. Imagine if we'd just lost that late and had CMS and LuaLua stretchered off. You can bet ya life you'd have people on here going on about the dirty opposition. That's football, its competitive, when you're on the pitch its war. I'd like to think both sets of supporters have been through enough to have a bit of perspective though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I hope you're not serious about that , you struggled and we have less physicality than any team I know. :annoyed: Look at the 1st. half again when you get the chance and sit there and analyse it properly. I'll expect an apology later . :lolol:

All over you in the second half and seeing as you had three players booked in the first twenty five minutes I wonder what game you were at. Naylor should have walked but we both know the referee was poor. As for an apology ? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

it looked great from the south though:clap2:

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 1,930

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Just watch the highlights on the football league show and you`ll see the 1st half cloggers that donny were, chopping down lualua and barnes at every opportunity, if you cant take it dont dish it!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought this comment was very fair on that thread

After dominating proceedings in the first half, by exerting pressure on the player with the ball and keeping possession by stroking the ball round, I’m afraid the wheels came off for long periods of the second half, when BHA were gifted far too much space and allowed to see too much of the ball. Brighton did their best to see that we would get something out of the game, by missing a multitude of clear-cut chances, but finally, all to no avail. And yes, to make things worse, it looks like we’re heading into the near future, at least, without a recognised striker, after both Sharp and Hayter were carried off. If there were any lingering doubts, it now looks odds on that we’re in for a very bumpy season….

When we stop pinching ourselves then

1: We were second best in the first half
2: This division is going to be very physical
3: The front six need to work on their finishing

The good news is that the match could have finished 5-3, we did create some excellent chances that we failed to take (Barnes, Noone and CMS) BUT it was against a side that only just stayed up last season and had lost half their starting XI before the first whistle.

It's still 3 points though.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sean O'Driscoll sent Donny players out with a clear message just go in like loonys and smash em its the only way your gonna win lads !!!!
Not being funny but serves them right for the way they acted in the first half, them coming off worse was poet justice !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here