Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A truly EPIC fail from Theresa May...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
having any sort of substantial cuts in policing at a time when there might be unrest was pretty stupid. however, that report is just allowing a union leader to use the biggest number he can think of to paint the worse picture possible, to protect his members jobs. apparently there have been no Police job loses in the Met as yet, with some due next year and a recruitment freeze this. the problems are lack of leadership, not numbers.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interestingly I wrote to my Eton educated Tory MP on another matter to do with employment. I wrote twice and on the second occasion I mentioned a side issue. I eventually got a reply from some lackey which totally ignore the salient point of my two letters. Frankly this government hasn't got a clue. I hope anybody who voted for them is thoroughly ashamed of themselves now.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Police on duty for royal wedding: 5000

Tonight: 1400

Well, according to someone on Twitter.

6000 police out there last night according to the BBC.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Theresa May on BBC Breakfast sounding like a presenter from Crime Watch. The woman is so far out of her depth.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Cuts cuts cuts the police are losing staff all over the shop. If you cut backroom staff the frontline suffers and the workload increases, morale is low too. The Gov. says 1thing to the public and tells the police another( tread softly). LAW AND ORDER ONTYWHEN IT SUITS THE gov.

I'm not the home secretary, I don't have the stats.

But given what is going on this evening, the fact that the police are already too thinly spread to cope right now with emboldened thugs who know they can do whatever they want tonight without consequence, further reductions in the police force is not something thats going to help. I wouldn't have thought.

Its just an indication of how blase, detached and out of touch our politicians are with the impoverished people in this country now.

I'm unsure which group these impoverished people are.
Does that mean the ones who are having a great old looting session and whooping it up creating mayhem setting fire to businesses and homes?

This country has a social system that doesn't allow people to starve - it hands out (doles out) money so everyone can eat and sleep under a roof.

Knowing that the rioters are disquieted because they are useless berks who can barely speak our language 'innit', aspire to sell drugs to prosper, and only furrow their brow at how they can steal stuff - what sort of people have we allowed this country to host and support?
They refuse free education, they spoil their own neighbourhoods, and they represent a third world population of disenchanted that we actually give money to.
They demand the handouts - they're not even grateful, they call it their right to have free money so give it to them, now!
A job? They're not in the unemployment office to get a JOB! They begrudge the requirement to even sign on, they prefer it given to them without anything that is that similar to visiting a probation officer.

We need another penal colony - a big island to drop them off at, where they can rob each other. Social laws and order are not working for them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Its just an indication of how blase, detached and out of touch our politicians are with the impoverished people in this country now.

So impoverished that they're taking away their looted goods in cars. I guess the cars might be stolen as well though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
6000 police out there last night according to the BBC.
So widespread disorder across the capital city warrants just 20% more police personnel than for the wedding of a chinless toff?

I am amazed this country puts up with the Royal family, I really am.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The numbers may not have made a difference but the well publicised cuts gives groups like this confidence they can get away with these things.

I really not sure these idiots have the intelligence to think along those lines.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Theresa May on BBC Breakfast sounding like a presenter from Crime Watch. The woman is so far out of her depth.

How right you are Mr B, she hasn't got a fecking scooby. She couldn't organise a blue-rinsers coffee morning, frankly. The Cleggeron Axis seems about as useful to this country as the toe-rags who are out on our city streets wreaking havoc. No leadership; no connection with the wider society & no Plan B. God help us.

I thought exactly the same thing - she was uttely hopeless. There was a youth worker from Tottenham earlier and he was MUCH more inteligent and eloquent than her and it made me think people like him should be being consulted by DC at his Cobra meeting today and not dimwits like TM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here