Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A tribute to Tommy Mooney

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Mooney for missing some great sitters in the first leg and helping us through with a superb (from our point of view) penalty.
Cardiff here we come.
:falmerspi :ascarf: :banana: :banana: :ascarf: :falmerspi

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Rangdo said:
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Mooney for missing some great sitters in the first leg and helping us through with a superb (from our point of view) penalty.
Cardiff here we come.
:falmerspi :ascarf: :banana: :banana: :ascarf: :falmerspi

Best bit of last last was his penalty miss? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mr Clarkemeister..

You are the weakest link Goodbye
:salute:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Dick Knights Mum said:
Tommy Mooney was excellent. I wish he played for us. He didn't deserve to have his penalty saved. A great performance.

You're having a laugh.....right??:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't forget his other great moment. Watching the nearest player, Virgo, bomb in from the edge of the box without bothering to mark him. Too classy perhaps to keep grafting all the way through into stoppage time!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps we could ask the council to award Mooney the freedom of the City of Brighton and Hove?

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
Well Tommy was laughing all the way to the bookies. I heard that he got 60-1 that he could hit the bar more times than Clive Walker did in 1991.
seriously though he's a top quality striker and we got lucky I'd happily sign him tomorrow, so Tommy if you are reading this.........................WAANKEEEEERRRR!!!!!:p

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I thought Mooney AND his manager were a couple of tools over the two legs. Andy King has stated that the 2 worst teams have got thru to the final. What complete toss. Bristol finished 3rd, we finished 4th, Bristol fought right til the final whistle, so did The Glorious Stripes.....EXACTLY the right teams got to the final. I hope Andy King and Mooney enjoy watching Bristol and The Albion battling in out in Cardiff next Sunday........Sky Sports 1 Mooney......be there:salute:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's all very well taking the piss out of Tommy Mooney but he got into more goalscoring positions last night than our two strikers managed between them in BOTH games.

Big Chris and Leon don't look like scoring.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'd have Mooney in my team any day. He can do everything that Iwelumo can and then some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here