Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread to salute the fans who went to Blackburn

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Hardly Arthur I am secure enough in my self I don't need NSC to say I'm a uber fan thanks.

Dandyman

In London village.
On another note, Accrington Stanley have won chant of the year.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I feel for everyone that made the long journey. How the fixture computer decided on such a match at this time of year I don't know. Should be hit with a big f***ing hammer:wrong:

On the positive side, good to hear that some went to Accrington to continue our great relationship with Plymouth Argyle.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Those that have shared the annoyance of the cancellation today having been bothered to spend their time and money following the Albion I salute you! (Even if you do castigate me for not singing at home!) You know who you are! Well done you all.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just a thought, what makes someone who went to a football game that was called off a hero?

Say that one of the lads that was causing bother at Palace a few weeks ago went today. You all wanted him hung back then now he's a hero.

I went today, and I don't see what makes me heroic either. :shrug:
Worthy of sympathy, yes, but not heroic.

If the game had been on, would my travels have been any less supportive of the team?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I went today, and I don't see what makes me heroic either. :shrug:
Worthy of sympathy, yes, but not heroic.

If the game had been on, would my travels have been any less supportive of the team?

Spot on.

Just because the game got called off doesn't suddenly transform you from somebody off to a game of football to some sort of hero who we should all bow down to.

Now it's all turned in to a willy waving competition.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spot on.

Just because the game got called off doesn't suddenly transform you from somebody off to a game of football to some sort of hero who we should all bow down to.

Now it's all turned in to some willy waving competition.

no worse than going to Norwich or Walsall for called off games, these things happen at time - No More Heroes Anymore

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Maybe this thread has been distorted. Not everyone is saying that those that choose to spend their time and money on the albion away from home are heros. Far from it but, most of us are thankful that albion has a travelling support at least! Bearing in mind it costs a lot I think they are worthy of our collective thanks.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I should clarify my previous outbursts: I mean no disrespect but when you've spent the time and money to travel the length of the country to ultimately be massively disappointed by a postponement it is very frustrating.

To then be mocked by another Brighton fan for that effort is, if nothing else, a little galling.

Still back in my digs for the night, soapbox is stowed and looking forward to Watford at the Amex.

Here's to a blue and white Christmas.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I should clarify my previous outbursts: I mean no disrespect but when you've spent the time and money to travel the length of the country to ultimately be massively disappointed by a postponement it is very frustrating.

To then be mocked by another Brighton fan for that effort is, if nothing else, a little galling.

Still back in my digs for the night, soapbox is stowed and looking forward to Watford at the Amex.

Here's to a blue and white Christmas.

You too, Merry Christmas. The trolls will always be trolls. They know no better.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Got all the way to the door, then a nice woman steward said it was off and that the Club wanted it off first thing in the morning but the ref said no, had to wait for him (tosser), only a 2 hour drive home so not to bad

They should have called a local ref in which is the right thing to do. I remember the Bristol Rovers one we got as far as Ditcot on the seagull special I think the ticket was around £4 we got a £1 off the rearranged game which I think we won 4-0 Poskit which I missed due to Playing Sussex Uni at basketball top of the league clash, I was gutted.:cry::shrug:

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Got to Preston and found out. Had booked advance train tickets so couldnt come back from manchester until 7:30 :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was not the outcome I wanted but me and my friends had a cracking time. Manchester is such a great place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got to Preston and found out. Had booked advance train tickets so couldnt come back from manchester until 7:30 :facepalm:

Not sure who you travelled with but Virgin were fine about letting people switch trains. We caught a different train to the one we had booked on the way up and they were doing this on the return but we stuck with our 20:06 departure.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It still puzzles me why people feel the need to broadcast the fact that they've been to a game of football when for most people on here is a normal weekly occurrence. Quite who they are trying to impress is a mystery to me.

Arrogance of the highest order !!
Blackburn was to be my FIRST game of this season - work, family etc, preventing any earlier opportunity so quite definitely NOT a weekly occurrence for me.

I drove up with a pal, only 100 miles each way so not too bad, [probably about £25 quid on diesel] was at the ground at around 1:30 and thought it was a bit quiet. Popped in Maccy D's and a local lass broke the news.

So for me, gutted that the first opportunity to see the Albion this term was washed out.
So you can stick you flippant comments up yer ar$e - were you a smug stay at homer?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Any game that is prosponed after people have travelled a long distance is always annoying, but its just one of the risks that you have to factor in when watching football during Dec/Jan.
Its happened to me afew times in the past and its just one of them things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here