Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] A Thread of German Music

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you once say parts of the 80’s and 90’s passed you by on new music, due to mortgage and relationship stuff taking precedence? The 00’s was a bit of a lost decade in terms of personal interests for me of music and cinema, due to the maelstrom of being a new Dad.

Trance properly kicked off in 1990, some say the Age Of Love was the first song to set the rhythm. You were young. The Pete Tong R1 Friday evenings were a gold mine.
86-91 was my musical wasteland (new dad/job/house) . Early 90s I was back listening to Peel, but the only gigs I went to were 'nostalgia' (Caravan) or because the GF wanted to see something (Guns N Roses - excellent - Def Leppard....Sisters of Mercy). But I was all over Judge Jules in the the mid-late 90s. The GF wasn't into it. I started on the live new music again only in the noughties when I saw the new 'darkwave' acts like Icon of Coil, VNV Nation, De/Vision, mostly but not always on my own. I'd great when (at least on of( yor kids shares your music. My son's taste overlaps with mine somewhat. As does the Missus'. The nipper loved Solar Fake but has her own thing now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I always attempted a few NSC jokes when we had Flozza with this band. But....they are jolly entertaining in their own right.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Been trying to not load 2 tracks from one act but this is live, and absolutely delicious. I love the way the audience lose their shit when they recognize what it is. Camp German Europop at its absolute zenith. This lot have been going for 35 years FFS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
RIP

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Collaborations count. From back when I was properly paying attention.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
German Darkwave....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, the dark days...

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
There are videos of this on that there You Tube thingy but I can never seem to insert them on threads. A memory from Subterfuge…

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 25

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Live or studio.....saw them 20 years ago in London supporting Assemblage 23. Brilliant stuff. Loads of great albums.

A few artists already mentioned that I couldn't not pick my own favourites from - Rammstein releasing one of their best songs ever on their 2019 untitled record with a cinematic masterpiece of music video to match, a few Union Berlin related songs including the club anthem by Nina Hagen. Plus a few others that came to mind, though Electric Callboy have already been well covered on this thread, so no need for me to chuck another of their songs in.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I agree with the above re the magnificence of Rammstein’s Deutschland. Perfection.
And although I don't want to spam this thread with Rammstein choons I'm going to have to leave this banger right here.
If you have a problem with Dicke Titten then don't watch it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here