Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread of gen-oo-ine Cockneys you may meet tomorrow

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
dickvandyke.jpg

Stone the crows, Mary Poppins!

I believe he's a season ticket holder in the Doc Martens stand.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
175.jpg

awwwwwwwwwright Tweacle...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Costers & Cockneys (CDR15)

A compilation of some of the most famous coster and cockney singers. Cockneys, as popularly defined, were born within the sound of Bow Bells. However the sound of Cockney speech spread around London way beyond this narrow definition. Albert Chevalier, known as "The Coster's Laureate" had studied his subject in the streets and as a character actor produced some of the best loved songs of this genre including "My old Dutch" and "The Future Mrs. Hawkins". Sadly Kate Carney, the coster comedienne, recorded very few songs, but we are pleased to include three on this CD. Gus Elen is featured with five songs including the rare "If I were King of England" and alternative versions from CDR2 of "The Golden Dustman" and "‘E dunno where ‘E are." If you have never heard Fred Earle, then you are in for a treat. The son of songwriter Joseph Tabrar, his characterisations are hilarious and generally suggestive. The CD contains 22 Tracks, being recorded between 1898 and 1935.

Track Listing:
Albert Chevalier: My Old Dutch, Our Little Nipper, The Future Mrs. Hawkins (Two different version including his first ever recording of 1898), The Fallen Star, Wot ver do Ee luv Oi?, What’s the good of ‘Anyfink? or A Cockney Complaint, ‘E can’t take a Roise out of Oi,
Fred Earle: I don’t care what becomes of me, That’s as far as I can go ,
Meat, Meat, Meat, In the Morning,
Gus Elen: If I were King of England, ‘Arf a Pint of Ale, The Pavement Artist,
The Golden Dustman, ‘E dunno where ‘E are,
Kate Carney: Are we to part like this, Bill?, Ten Day’s Leave, Three Pots a Shilling,

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
portrait-windsor.JPG

Oooh, cheeky!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cheers, Yoda, I'm not sure I needed to see Kriss Akabusi's package in quite such large and glorious technicolour, but hey ho :lolol:

I believe these two are West 'Am fans, albeit not SUPERfans.

krays.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here