JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
toikee

instead of turkey

boigerr

instead of burger

New Yorkisms rather than the whole of America same as the cwoffee thing.

Badger said:
Leiutenant

To be fair I'm with the yanks on this one. they're just saying it how it's spelt. How the chuff we get leff-tenant out of that is a mystery.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair I'm with the yanks on this one. they're just saying it how it's spelt. How the chuff we get leff-tenant out of that is a mystery.
???

You don't appear to understand. It's OUR language and WE decide how things are spelt (that's SPELT, not SPELLED). So if we decide that lieutenant should be pronounced LEFFtenant then the reason for that is because we say so. :clap:

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Renasance instead of Renaissance , cross-ant and Point-setta are all favourites of mine. Not only do they ignore certain letters they occasionally randomly throw in ones that aren't there. I engage in this sort of banter at work every day and have yet to tire of it. My all time favourite moment was when I pronounced croissant correctly over breakfast one morning. After the guffaws subsided the memorable line was rolled out .... wait for it..... I kid you not. "The way you say it makes it sound French!".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here