Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Thread Full Of Richie Benaud's

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
A legend.
If anyone hasnt ever listend to the 12th man cd get it, possibley the funniest thing I have ever heard. Coupled with that the best bit I ever heard was the late Brian Johnstone commentating with Johnathon Agew for England V West Indies when I think Botham walked over his stumps. Agers said something and Johnstone was uncontrallably laughing for about 5 minutes live on air. Quality stuff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"The Pakistanis rallied after the fall of Idrivz Fastcaz with a stand of niney-tew, Hiza Hazbeen and Heneva Waz pretty quick between the wickets that pair..."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't forget Micarzabit Rusty and Cutis Arminarth, followed by Mohammed Azzabiggun.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"This is Tony Grieg returning you to the central missionary position"

" Its the f***ing central commentary position....."

The best one in the 12th man series was where Bill Lawrie "lost it" when Merve Hughes was Knocking over the Sri lankans......." He's got him, yeah f*** off you little shits...Merve merve Merve, get him up here, i want to whup him....He's a Victorian and so am I ts great day for Victoria, Australia, The World......."

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
The bit that really caught me was about 4 minutes into the first tape, Richie is at home having breakfast at home and the toast pops out of the toaster. Mrs Benaud syas to him 'Hows that' and he shouts back 'NOT OUT'!
He chuckles and says 'sorry darling, just warming up for todays game'

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Gary Nelson said:
A legend.
Coupled with that the best bit I ever heard was the late Brian Johnstone commentating with Johnathon Agew for England V West Indies when I think Botham walked over his stumps. Agers said something and Johnstone was uncontrallably laughing for about 5 minutes live on air. Quality stuff.

That cracks me up everytime I hear it.
'he just couldn't quite get his leg over'
'Oh aggers stop it'

classic :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Wild World of Sports....on the original 12th man CD's

Tow Aussie commentators on an Aussie Football game

scene is a substitution which happened when jack is in the loo...he returns to....

" Pierce off Jack"
" what did you say?"
"Pierce off, brown on Jack"
"Dont you tell me to Piss off ( Wham)
" Oh no, I have been slugged by Big Jack and have hit the deck like a sack of shit"

absolutely brilliant

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Richie has arrived at the SCG, a young lad comes up to him...

Lad " Hey Richie, how about an autograph?"
Richie " yeah sure"
Lad " Who do you want it made out to"
Richie " yegh f*** off you little shit"

LOL

Kugull

Aug 8, 2003
London
The man is a true legend. Furthermore he has not had a winter for over 30 years. Lucky sod.

"Rubbish Binny left out last night by the selctors..."

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Streaker runs on to the pitch at Headingly and Rodney Marsh (the Aussie wicketkeeper - not the ex Man City, QPR prima donna), not too chuffed at the interruption, chases him and clatters him to the ground.

Benaud: And that's Marshy's first catch of the day.
:lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Richie with friends... :bounce:

header_graphic.jpg

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
"Tew changes for the Pakistani team today Wudi Givasheed and Idsayi Givasheed, come in for the injured G Watawancar and Medimina Gaeba"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here