Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a thread full of pointless but amazing facts

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
John Tyler, 10th president of the U.S., born 1790, has 2 currently living grandsons. That's three generations spanning 221 years...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If the female clownfish is removed from its group, such as by death, one of the largest and most dominant males will become a female.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
John Tyler, 10th president of the U.S...

which reminds me of a related trivia: Obama is the 44th President of US, but only the 43rd person to be President.

(i hope i didnt read that here...)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is the 4,416th view of this thread. FACT.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not really a fact but it amazed me.......I was driving home from Bristol over the old Severn Bridge and a pigeon was flying along side me at about 50 mph. I didn't realise they could fly that fast. :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not really a fact but it amazed me.......I was driving home from Bristol over the old Severn Bridge and a pigeon was flying along side me at about 50 mph. I didn't realise they could fly that fast. :)

Pigeons are strong fliers and can fly up to 40 or 50 miles per hour. Some pigeons are raised for their exceptional abilities to fly fast and find their ways home. These pigeons may fly as far as 600 miles in a day. Although feral pigeons are good fliers too, most of these birds seem to stay close to their regular feeding sites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here