Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of late great escapes and relegation

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here's one that covers both in the same game. The classic David Pleat sprint across the pitch :lol:

[yt]XyAUkaC6nsI[/yt]

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Here's one that covers both in the same game. The classic David Pleat sprint across the pitch :lol:

Another one that covers both.

[yt]Sy7vKjEQK48[/yt]

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
leedsreport.jpg

This is a report from 1981 that I got from the Times website. Albion win their last four games to escape relegation. Naughty, naughty Gordon Smith!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We definitely don't want Carlisle to repeat this one next week

[yt]KejwqhLDeOs[/yt]

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
That clip is class Icy Gull! I bet that goal meant more to those Carlisle fans than another trophy would mean to Man U fans.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Lewes. When Jimmy Glass was there for a few games, he got talking to him. Jimmy Glass said it was the only thing about his career that people remembered or spoke about.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going back to THAT goal at Hereford - Robbie Reinelt poked in the rebound, but who was it let fly with that terrific shot which came back off the post? Anybody tell me?

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Lewes. When Jimmy Glass was there for a few games, he got talking to him. Jimmy Glass said it was the only thing about his career that people remembered or spoke about.

But no wonder... Legend! :bowdown: :ascarf: :yahoo:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Going back to THAT goal at Hereford - Robbie Reinelt poked in the rebound, but who was it let fly with that terrific shot which came back off the post? Anybody tell me?

Craig Maskell. :thumbsup:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
wilkins free kick goal, yrs back against ipswich... dying secs or whatever ..was it phil parks in goal goal ??? too fat to get high enough off ground ??? didnt someone snap cross bar in the celebrations ???? and wasnt that the game that some coward bashed a woman in face in north stand ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here