Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of helpful holiday tips

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
T'is the season, how about posting genuine holiday snippets to reduce the chances of NSCers gettin ripped off/killed etc. no matter how small stick em on here

i'll start

MINORCA/MALLORCA Don't buy drinks/watermelon etc off the beach sellers, as soon as you mention a product, it's opened, thrust into your hand, and you are threatened into paying (in the two cases I witnessed)10 Euros for a can of coke and 8 Euros for a bottle of water

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ecuador

- Don't buy Sandia (Watermelon) on the beach as they tend to soak them in dodgy water to retain an aura of freshness. This can lead to severe water poisoning, as I found out.

- Always carry ID with you as failure to produce identification will lead to your arrest and incarceration for 5 hours or so, as I found out.

Australia

- Never stray from the cycling trip group as it is quite easy to get lost in the bush and disappear for 6 hours until found by a park ranger, as I found out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Greece. Don't go if you're Turkish.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two vital tips for travellers:

1. Scan in the id/photo page of your passport and email it to yourself. Then wherever you are in the world and your passport gets nicked, you got the details to get an emergency passport :thumbsup:

2. Under no circumstances go on holiday to Malta :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Don't drink the tap water while your abroad.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
DONT be a twat...DONT write on NSC when you're on holiday :thumbsup:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
dont go with my ex michelle as if you do something wrong such as not want to get up for breakfast or call her dad a twat then she will lock you in the room and take the key.

which she did in the maldives
new york
ireland
malaysia
lanzagrotty

the solution involves climbing out the window and going awol for 3 days (which was great) annoying room service or my favourite which was demolishing the mini bar

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dont go with my ex michelle as if you do something wrong such as not want to get up for breakfast or call her dad a twat then she will lock you in the room and take the key.

which she did in the maldives
new york
ireland
malaysia
lanzagrotty

the solution involves climbing out the window and going awol for 3 days (which was great) annoying room service or my favourite which was demolishing the mini bar

:ohmy:

Would have said :wave: after the maldives - or new york if she was particularly fit

But to be locked in yer room in five separate holiday resorts by the same head-mental person? That's just WRONG :dunce:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't go abroad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't buy a camera battery within half a mile of Times Square, as the store staff will take one out of the packet without even asking you if it's the right one, attempt to place it in your camera, then try to charge you the equivalent of about forty five quid for the privilege.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shag every bird possible if on a singles holiday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here