Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of classic computer games...

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Desert Strike

3_desertstrike_scud.jpg

Megalomania
4963_0.png

Dune 2
dune2_2.jpg

Yes Dune 2! What a game. I spent literally weeks playing that game. That and Kick Off 2 are I think the greatest ever Amiga games.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Sorry but what the f*** is that.

That, my friend, is one of the all time classic computer games imho. I started off with the ZX81. Black & White and no sound. When the Speccy came along, it had colour and sound, and Manic Miner pushed the programming boundries back with what could be acheived in a game on a home computer. It also sold shed-loads of copies, so it must have been popular. I thought it was good, anyway. :smokin: Many an hour spent trying to work out how to get through the levels. :glare:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
That, my friend, is one of the all time classic computer games imho. I started off with the ZX81. Black & White and no sound. When the Speccy came along, it had colour and sound, and Manic Miner pushed the programming boundries back with what could be acheived in a game on a home computer. It also sold shed-loads of copies, so it must have been popular. I thought it was good, anyway. :smokin: Many an hour spent trying to work out how to get through the levels. :glare:

ah not quite what i meant- i mean what on earth is that abomination with 'updated' graphics..

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
ah not quite what i meant- i mean what on earth is that abomination with 'updated' graphics..

Sorry, I got confused.

I completely agree that the original is far superior to the P.C. Updated Graphics Remake, by a country mile. :yahoo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Theme Park
Theme Hospital
Syndicate
Dungeon Keeper
Civilisation 2
Red Alert 2
Age of Empires 2
Deus Ex (One)