Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of classic board games

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
ColditzParkerBBP.JPG

Complicated but fun, preferred being the guards particularly with a Shoot to Kill card up your sleeve.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
OthelloBox.JPG

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Titanic said:
rucla-small.jpg

Has ANYONE EVER played this ??

Yes. We are missing too many pieces to make playing worthwhile but it was a favourite here for a long time.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Berty_G said:
VG47Box.JPG

A classic board game?

I used to play that for hours. Totopoly and Go were good too. It sure takes you back.

Berty_G said:
VG47Box.JPG

A classic board game?

A classic maybe but it showed itself up in the NSC version with Rochdale winning - scoring 5 in every round. :lolol:

I had a game as a kid that I'm sure was very rare - I can't find mention of it anywhere. It was a 3D plastic island with little holes marking out paths. In the centre of the volcano, little gold bricks were stored. You had to roll dice and move the pirates around the island to get to the top. They had little pegs on their backs which you could attach the gold to and they had to carry it back to their ship.

I've no idea where this went but my dad used to get odd things like that from people he did jobs for so it may have been a prototype. Probably worth a fortune now. He also got a game that was never released based on snooker. It come with a cue and a cue ball. There was a wooden sloping platform with one way rockers - like the hill on a rollercoaster. This meant that the cue ball could pass over it but wouldn't roll back. Each of the rockers had a colour and you played normal snooker rules. So you had to get the cue ball to land on a red rocker, then nominate a colour. It was all about pace and was quite hard. Cue 147 I think it was called.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
1sttotop.jpg

Well in.

And the classic...

mousetrap.jpg

Did anyone actually play this as a game? As I remember it we'd just set up the trap and set it off as many times as we could until we got bored. I couldn't even tell you how the game is meant to be played.

And what about...

f1_1_b.JPG

Absolutely blinding game. So great because it was a valid excuse to be shouting at your family. Properly frantic

Last edited:

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Pict4703.jpg

A true summer sport, problem was, Subbuteo Cricket took longer to set up than a test match

Daffyd Thomas said:
Pict4703.jpg

A true summer sport, problem was, Subbuteo Cricket took longer to set up than a test match

Bah! Test Match was 1 squillion times better. Apart from the bowlers with string who broke. They did send me a shiny new one though! And that tournament they had at Hove with Birmingham, London etc stole the idea of certain parts of the boundary being worth more!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this

[/IMG]
6a7835742d466443785a784d4a592d5641-100x100.jpg

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Bluejuice said:
And what about...

f1_1_b.JPG

Absolutely blinding game. So great because it was a valid excuse to be shouting at your family. Properly frantic

Crikey, that brings back memories. 3 generations of the Screaming J family in the early 60s all shouting (and screaming?)at each other in my Grandpa's front room in Plumpton. Cannot remember how you played it but it was a great laugh. Something to do with the Stock Exchange wasn't it?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Yeah it was trading commodities as I recall.

Can't quite remember the ins and outs of it but it involved frantic shouting in order to collect a set of something or other.

Very addictive it was too

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone remember this? One of my favourites when I was a kid.

wildlife223bbp.JPG

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Here's one for the capitalists:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And why should the kids have all the fun?

I played this once and as a forfeit had to snog my mother-in-law:p

bachelorette-dot-com_1831_3013796

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here