Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
What I really want is something like this :lol:

r1rocky2.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
from the top of Natal road by the allotments to the top of the hill (can't remember the name of the road but it might be Eastbourne rd)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Remember from my youth a set from Birdham Road down to Hodshove road,
Assume they are still there ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There are some near Dyke Road Drive that go down to Preston Park; can't remember where exactly.

loverswalk.JPG

Lover's Walk. My Dad used to go down these (and up again) each day when he worked at an office (at the bottom of the steps) back in the 70's. We lived on Reigate Road, so an easy cut through to Preece, Cardew and Ryder. In the Summer, we used to come down these steps to his office to meet him for lunch in Preston Park. Office block now gone I think. PCR moved to around Seven Dials and were bought by Mott MacDonald. No idea if they are still in Hove. [Looks like their old office is now a travellodge]

Last edited by a moderator:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Bottom and top of the steps between Hampstead Road and Tivoli Crescent. Other end of Reigate Road (from Dyke Road Drive). Lots of mates lived round here - so up and down these steps (and the terrible unmade road opposite) all the time. Seemed massive at the time - but may not have been so big in reality.

hampbottom.JPG

tivtop.JPG

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Here's another - Lewes Rd / Southall Ave

Google Maps

I mapped out a 13/14k loop taking in virtually all of these on google earth. It looks an epic run!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
The Avenue in Bevendean to Jevington Drive, used to drive me nuts on my paper round.

Does anyone know whereabouts in The Avenue these start / finish? I can find the top of them on google earth but not the bottom.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cats creep, between Roundhill Cresent and the top of Wakefield Road, my short cut to Upper Lewes Road from my house, I thought it was one of the longest in town. I still class it as a twitten.

Attachments

• The_Cats_Creep,_Lennox_Place_s.jpg
    The_Cats_Creep,_Lennox_Place_s.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 66

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Steps from yesteryear: the steps at Brighton station leading to the subterranean barbers and the scabbiest gents toilets in Christendom. Opened out on to the station exit in Trafalgar Street by the slightly shite Toy And Model Museum.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Steps from yesteryear: the steps at Brighton station leading to the subterranean barbers and the scabbiest gents toilets in Christendom.

Did anyone ever have their haircut down there? Those toilets were grim, weren't they? I always used to try and avoid using them for fear of retching.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Did anyone ever have their haircut down there? Those toilets were grim, weren't they? I always used to try and avoid using them for fear of retching.

Haven't used Brighton Station for decades. I take it these rather impressive steps have now gone? As for scabby toilets - I used to work at WHSmith (when it was just a kiosk) and had no choice but to use those loos. Must once have been lovely - with marble partitions and very elegant architecture - but by the end were grim. It also appears that you can scratch into marble with a biro or similar. Sitting in there was a right life lesson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here