Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for people who were not fans of Prince or his music

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How far do you take this? Do things like the Paris and Brussels terrorist attacks have no effect on you emotionally? Do you not care about the victims of these?

It doesn't matter that they don't care about us. Some people have played important parts in my life, and I feel sad when they are gone. They are not fantasy celebrity friends, they are people who have meant something to me.

I won't grieve like I did for my dad, but I won't shrug my shoulders and think 'who cares?' either.

This with bells on.

It's an easy concept to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Was never a Prince fan, tho was grateful to the Daily Mirror for including a free and exclusive copy of his at-the-time new album of a couple of years back for no real reason at all. Really must get round to listening to it sometime.

I knew of his name but could not list any of his hits so was very surprised to hear some think he was up with the greats, however sorry to hear of his death at an early age,hopefully not self inflicted.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I can understand someone feeling sad if a famous person who had some abstract significance (however fleetingly) on a person's life dies but the OTT (social) media driven mawkish obsession with celebrity, even in death, is unedifying and a sad indictment of our privileged society.

Under-five mortality

Situation

5.9 million children under age five died in 2015, 16 000 every day.

http://www.who.int/gho/child_health/mortality/mortality_under_five_text/en/

.... RIP

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It's polite to be respectful when someone that other people like (for whatever reason) dies. The same is true whether the person is Prince, Lady Diana, Bowie, Thatcher or anyone else. If you can't be polite, maybe just don't say anything about them for a while.

It's fine to discuss their legacy, works and the effects of their life in any way you like. But immediately after they've died is probably not the time for saying disparaging things about them - mostly because being rude will just make you look insensitive and unpleasant and no other kind of opinions will be changed by what you say.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
It's polite to be respectful when someone that other people like (for whatever reason) dies. The same is true whether the person is Prince, Lady Diana, Bowie, Thatcher or anyone else. If you can't be polite, maybe just don't say anything about them for a while.

It's fine to discuss their legacy, works and the effects of their life in any way you like. But immediately after they've died is probably not the time for saying disparaging things about them - mostly because being rude will just make you look insensitive and unpleasant and no other kind of opinions will be changed by what you say.

Quite right.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Is it too soon to mention how I feel about Hitler. I believe some people liked him too at the time.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003

THATCHER !!!..........damn I must be the most " insensitive and unpleasant " bloke in the world , cos I was laughing and cracking open the champagne moments after her death was announced .

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Good thread.

Talk about worshipping some midget who was all image and hype.

I know you are almost always wrong about things but this is taking it to another level. Not a big Prince fan myself but you only have to watch him for 5 minutes to see how supremely talented he was.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know you are almost always wrong about things but this is taking it to another level. Not a big Prince fan myself but you only have to watch him for 5 minutes to see how supremely talented he was.

Poor quality trolling from our poor quality 'trollmiester'. Embarrassing for a forum as good as NSC that our trolls are so poor. Perhaps there is some kind of transfer window?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'm going to make a note of all the tweets/comments made by stars in tribute to another star who has died for the next 10 years then after that I'm going to for example expose Madonna as saying 'you were my number one inspiration' 50 times.

This should be a thread worth waiting for..........

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

I actually see him in the same way I see Sylvester Stallones film Character John Rambo. Now that takes some explaining doesn't it? Well OK.

As an image of masculinity he is a grotesque, appealing to just about pubescent girls, the sexually ambivalent and vacuous and shallow MTV soaked mush heads.

Let me explain that as well.If someone like that tried it on with that persona in a club then 1%of the time he would get the girl 99% of the time would get the crap beaten out of him. Therefore someone like that needs back up with money and muscle (prob both being 5ft 2in)and would be a strategic and manipulative person. I've known people like that, wereas you call him a performer(quite right in a way) I see a poser who I wouldn't turn my back on. Where some may think cool I see sleazy and creepy. I was not a Bowie fan but I get he was talented. Maybe Prince was talented, I just saw undesirable traits.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Poor quality trolling from our poor quality 'trollmiester'. Embarrassing for a forum as good as NSC that our trolls are so poor. Perhaps there is some kind of transfer window?

Are you about to start crying?

I actually see him in the same way I see Sylvester Stallones film Character John Rambo. Now that takes some explaining doesn't it? Well OK.

As an image of masculinity he is a grotesque, appealing to just about pubescent girls, the sexually ambivalent and vacuous and shallow MTV soaked mush heads.

Let me explain that as well.If someone like that tried it on with that persona in a club then 1%of the time he would get the girl 99% of the time would get the crap beaten out of him. Therefore someone like that needs back up with money and muscle (prob both being 5ft 2in)and would be a strategic and manipulative person. I've known people like that, wereas you call him a performer(quite right in a way) I see a poser who I wouldn't turn my back on. Where some may think cool I see sleazy and creepy. I was not a Bowie fan but I get he was talented. Maybe Prince was talented, I just saw undesirable traits.

Your other half had a thing for him right????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here