Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for BRETT

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yesterday's stuff was all a bit disturbing. Brett is one of the most passionate Albion fans I know and to hear him talk like he did yesterday is a bit sad. Don't worry squire, the magic will return.

In the meantime, lets fill this up with some FEELGOOD Albion

:clap2: :clap2:

[yt]g5pddh-EoW4[/yt]

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Brilliant thread Hiney.........!

Just shows how poor we really are these days..................and how many light years we are away from similar days again.

I,m even less inclined to continue my support after seeing those.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Just shows how poor we really are these days..................and how many light years we are away from similar days again.

Don't be so f***ing MISERABLE

These videos show WHY we should carry on with the love. There is absolutely no reason why we cannot achieve glory again in the future.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bugger me that 1st one is BRILLIANT! Love the soundtrack. Brought back many very happy memories *sigh*.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Don't be so f***ing MISERABLE

These videos show WHY we should carry on with the love. There is absolutely no reason why we cannot achieve glory again in the future.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Miserable.........................or realist.....?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

I couldn't disagree more.

Those are the times that make it all worthwhile. Yes, they are few and far between but that's the way the Albion has always been - most times have been very average, some times have been awful, and then there are the few highlights.

For reasons I don't understand, supporters' expectations seem to be much higher now than they used to be; is that just Albion fans or those of all clubs? Do we see so much more quality football on TV these days that we subconsciously expect our lower-level teams to perform better than they are actually capable of?

I am not ignoring the fact that we have under-performed this season, just saying that taking the history of the Albion into account, it's not unusual or a surprise!

I know most won't agree with me but I think that the reality of Falmer is more important than anything else at this stage in our history. Only when we are there can the higher expectations be a little more realistic.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Withdean is a shithole, we all know that.

But it is capable of throwing up stuff like this:

[yt]_UQtHi5beGg[/yt]

Look, I know you think I,m being "miserable"............but honestly.............I, like many others , remember that night so well, and the day at the Millenium.

I,m afraid it just pisses me off even more, that following those great days, this club would not invest in the playing side to ensure that those days had a point to them.

Instead, we laboured for one season in the Champoionship, surviving on the last day.............and then compounded that, by selling Virgo at the beginning of the next season for 1.5 million and failed to re-invest in the team.

Result;........Relegation...........3500 empty seats every game, losing huge amounts of revenue in gate receipts and merchandise and worst of all...........the continued decline in expectations for the club, from so many longstanding supporters, who are slowly but surely drifting away.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Look, I know you think I,m being "miserable"............but honestly.............I, like many others , remember that night so well, and the day at the Millenium.

I,m afraid it just pisses me off even more, that following those great days, this club would not invest in the playing side to ensure that those days had a point to them.

Instead, we laboured for one season in the Champoionship, surviving on the last day.............and then compounded that, by selling Virgo at the beginning of the next season for 1.5 million and failed to re-invest in the team.

Result;........Relegation...........3500 empty seats every game, losing huge amounts of revenue in gate receipts and merchandise and worst of all...........the continued decline in expectations for the club, from so many longstanding supporters, who are slowly but surely drifting away.

are you Withdean Wander??

stop f***ing moaning man, we're getting a new ground built and when we're in, we;ll have the funds, backing, facilities and ambition to aim high, and stay high.

chill out. ;)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
n641880531_4220691_1655.jpg

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Where was the money supposed to come from?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not a case of "Would Not" simply they "Could Not", no money avaialble. Blame that on LDC and the protracted Falmer process. Look now, we have permission, we start building the ground any day now, and there is money to spend on players. Let's face it, investers were not going to put their money into a club that had no ground, and at the time had no idea when or if the ground ground would ever get built. Now they have dug deep in their pockets, spent more money on the playing side than I can ever remember. Shame it's all a load of shit at the moment, but don't blame them for not spending when they simply didn't have the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here