Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thought regarding St John's Ambulance Fee's

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
You my friend are making yourself really silly with that comment, given the context of the quote I made, my question has to be why did you bother even typing that dribble ??

You sir, are a perfect example of passive aggressive behaviour. Did you realise?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
The undertone of menace that I sense with every one of his posts and the ambiguity of what's posted and references to 'pals' and 'mates'. He scares me.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Jimbo, you really do come across as a tosser. Suprisingly the point your making is a good one, a couple of interpersonal skills wouldn't go a miss though... How many people have you rounded on in this thread alone? :lolol:

Yoda

English & European
Yoda, firstly you have gone way off track with my post, apart from a spelling error of one letter you are straight on here like some prize twat. If you read my post my point was that teams across the leagues should pay up front so that the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth can't raise their ugly heads (no collection was done from Leeds fans by the way Surrey Jim - litigation is still ongoing).

Then this little cherub from you,,,,absolutely amazing

The actual people on duty don't get paid, but the organization (i.e. St. John Sussex) does get paid for the provision of cover. There are few who work for St. John during the week providing abulance cover & patient transport for Sussex Ambulance Service as their job (my brother being one), but don't get paid for duties (like at Withdean)

You seem somewhat eluded to the point I was making, I know their staff are volunteers, but how do they have ambulances, pay insurance, fill the tank etc, its through donations and these clubs have chosen to shaft them.. For the record I got one letter wrong as you couldn't wait to point out, take your pick from abulance. I'm checking my dictionary now.

Err! That's because I was replying to someone elses post, and they do get quite a bit of income from other duties/donations. My Dad died a month ago, and we decided on this: "Family flowers only please but donations if desired to St John Ambulance c/o Dunfords, South Street, Lancing."

Just for the record why are they called St John Ambulance whilst they are based in St John's Lane, not a dig but just a question to you who appear to be in the know ?? I for one and probably many more have always referred to and always will do as The St JOHN'S Ambulance Service

They are called St. John Ambulance, because the patron saint is John the Baptist and it date's back from the crusades and the Knights Hospitallers (on other words, caring and treating the injured knights). Nothing to do with where they were based.

Oh! and the first post was just correcting you, not having a go. I think you might find you're not the first on this site I've done that with regards to St. John.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Err! That's because I was replying to someone elses post, and they do get quite a bit of income from other duties/donations. My Dad died a month ago, and we decided on this: "Family flowers only please but donations if desired to St John Ambulance c/o Dunfords, South Street, Lancing."

They are called St. John Ambulance, because the patron saint is John the Baptist and it date's back from the crusades and the Knights Hospitallers (on other words, caring and treating the injured knights). Nothing to do with where they were based.

Oh! and the first post was just correcting you, not having a go. I think you might find you're not the first on this site I've done that with regards to St. John.

Putting rants to one side, so sorry to hear about your Dad...Thoughts with you and your family !!

... apart from a spelling error of one letter ...

... Just for the record why are they called St John Ambulance whilst they are based in St John's Lane, not a dig but just a question to you who appear to be in the know ?? I for one and probably many more have always referred to and always will do as The St JOHN'S Ambulance Service
It's not a spelling mistake. As you've shown, it's a widespread error of fact.

I know from longstanding family connections with the organisation how much it irritates people in St John. But this has been the case for years.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My wife went on St John duty at the Goldstone ground quite a bit when she was a cadet, one thing she remembers quite clearly is being spat on by Leeds Utd fans

As for the substance of Jimbo's post - that St John should be paid up front - that goes against the ethos of the organisation, who are dedicated to the principle of charitable care.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They are called St. John Ambulance, because the patron saint is John the Baptist and it date's back from the crusades and the Knights Hospitallers

And the reason why, because a group of monks built a hospital on the ruins of the monestary of St John the Baptist in Jerursalam in 1113. :thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As for the substance of Jimbo's post - that St John should be paid up front - that goes against the ethos of the organisation, who are dedicated to the principle of charitable care.
Oh you aren't half going to cop it. There's only one thing Jimbo hates more than people correcting his factual mistakes and that's people who disagree with his views ...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
apposite not adroit :) :)

couldn't resist - especially when I know that TLO will see the humour and I won't get attacked for correcting him

NSC is a good and safe place to pass some time if you play the game, less so if people play games!

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I think our point is made :)

And very badly.....

My point was (and others have posted on here previously) how sick they were about teams like Portsmouth & Leeds screwing them over. That was clear, it was concise and I bet if you did a straw poll of 100 people at least 90 would refer to these hard working volunteers as St John's. Heavens if I'm guilty of that on this board then take me to the gallows, does it really matter considering the suggestion I was trying to make. We know they do it as a charity, but like all charities they need funding. Severnside, try as I can I'm not sure what point you have made

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And very badly.....

My point was (and others have posted on here previously) how sick they were about teams like Portsmouth & Leeds screwing them over. That was clear, it was concise and I bet if you did a straw poll of 100 people at least 90 would refer to these hard working volunteers as St John's. Heavens if I'm guilty of that on this board then take me to the gallows, does it really matter considering the suggestion I was trying to make. We know they do it as a charity, but like all charities they need funding. Severnside, try as I can I'm not sure what point you have made

I think you probably need some anger management !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here