Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Symbolic Journey

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I must admit I've thought of doing this as well, but I'm not doing it as part of some official, sponsored walk; it'll be a private thing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hove Station
Crown and Anchor
Brewery Tap
Park View
Cleveland
Stanmer
Hollingbury
Hub
Gladstone
Lecturn
Student Union Bars
Hikers Rest
Swan

I said if you go by the quickest way - obviously if you go on a circular route you could take in any number.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
think we can be creative. A couple of months back I did a pub crawl where the first letter of names of the pub has to spell out BRIGHTON

Could do it for FALMER

Font
Albion
Lion and Lobster
Market Inn
Eagle
RDF

:lolol::lolol:

Now that is a circular route (and I don't even know where RDF is)

I must admit I've thought of doing this as well, but I'm not doing it as part of some official, sponsored walk; it'll be a private thing.

I feel the same; for me it's a personal thing and whilst I don't mind walking along with others, being part of something like a sponsored pilgrimage (however well intentioned) would spoil the day.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bollocks to that.
I intend turning up as early as possible at the staduim for a good old nose around, before propping up the supporters bar for an hour or two before kickoff. I don't want to arrive in a sweating, wheezing mess before the first game.

Nice to know the players post on here,hows the Groin strain ?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I think it's a great idea. I agree it shouldn't be sponsored but organised by NSC for the fans and to give those who want to, an opportunity to honour those supporters we know that didn't live long eough to see the glorious day thanks to LDC & Co.

I suppose if it was to be linked to fundraising, what about REMF? Couldn't think of a better charity than that considering the occasion?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Suggested pub routes. Not the best pubs in Brighton, but here goes.

Leave Goldstone.
Earn your first pint by a traipse to the Dyke Road Tavern, then on to The Station, followed by what would for many be a final look at The Sportsman.

Then the glut of pubs. Leave Withdean, head back on to London Road/Preston Road, and on to The Crown & Anchor and/or The Preston Brewery Tap. Up the hill to the Park View, further on up and a slight detour to the Cleveland. Finally on this leg (if you dare), the Stanmer Park Tavern - though I'd head next door for a poncey lunch in The Birdcage.

This is where you can split. You can either take a good long walk to try and burn (and piss) those beers away by going across (or round) the golf course and onto The Hikers' Rest.

Or, you can walk down Hollingbury Road to the Hollingbury, followed by something at the Vogue Gyratory (you've got the choice of The Gladstone, The Bear or the one in the middle that keeps changing its name.

For the final leg, a hearty piss-stop at The Ship (assuming it's called that nowadays, another pub that changes its sodding name), and on to Falmer.

If anyone gets a pint in each place, and makes it all the way without getting run over or confessing love for anyone/beating anyone up, they clearly have a medical condition. Alcoholism, I guess it's called.

Bton1.jpg

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Really good idea. I would certainly be up for that. Perhaps we could start early and have a few pub stops on the way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nice to know the players post on here,hows the Groin strain ?

Still niggling a bit.
Hang on, I've got the missus's dinner on the go.

YES LOVE, YER HOTPOTS NEARLY READY. I'M JUST HEATING T' GRAVY FOR YER CHIPS

Sorry about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here