Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Symbolic Journey

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Before the first competitive game at Falmer, does a walk from the Goldstone to Withdean to the new stadium, to represent and symbolise the history of the club, sound like a good idea?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
On a personal level - definitely.

My son and I also promised my father we would both do this; he died in 2003 believing that a new stadium at Falmer would never get approved.
Same sort of circumstances with my great nan who was 91, she had been a Brighton fan all her life she died in 2004, she always went on about living to see the new stadium, LDC cost her the chance. :down:

I'd definitely be up for it by the way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would definitely be up for that, an inspired idea :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'd be up for that. So long as it's not via Gillingham too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You haven't gone via Withdean there.
That would need a left turn at Preston Circus , along London Road to Withers with a backtrack to walk up Preston Drove and over to Lewes Road. With the gradients involved this could be a 3 hours + walk for the not so fit.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That would need a left turn at Preston Circus , along London Road to Withers with a backtrack to walk up Preston Drove and over to Lewes Road. With the gradients involved this could be a 3 hours + walk for the not so fit.

Nah, walk up Woodruffe Avenue, cross Dyke Road, along Withdean Road, and down the hill to the stadium.

From the stadium, go up Peacock Lane, along Surrenden Road, over Ditchling Road and either cut across the golf course and Wild Park to Lewes Road, or walk up Ditchling Road to Old Boat Corner and walk down Coldean Lane.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nah, walk up Woodruffe Avenue, cross Dyke Road, along Withdean Road, and down the hill to the stadium.

From the stadium, go up Peacock Lane, along Surrenden Road, over Ditchling Road and either cut across the golf course and Wild Park to Lewes Road, or walk up Ditchling Road to Old Boat Corner and walk down Coldean Lane.

Withdean Road has to be the number 1 option as a rest break could be taken outside Mr Catt's house.:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Nah.. it should take about an hour and 45 mins to walk from Goldstone to Falmer via Withdean

I sometimes walk from Withdean to my house in Coldean and that's 45/50 minutes. It's about 20 to 25 minutes to Falmer from my house and I reckon it would take 25 mins from Goldstone to Falmer.

Edit: Just seen TLO's post. That's the route I'd go except I'd cut through Coldean rather than go through Wild Park. You could have a drink at the Hikers too.

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sounds good, just hope its not a midweek game and we are doing this during rush hour.

I like a bicycle challenge, maybe can get Gillingham in, by starting there, then to the Goldstone, then to Withdean and then Falmer. Should really take in Dyke Road Park too and the County Ground?, and Griffin Park, Brentford :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bollocks to that.
I intend turning up as early as possible at the staduim for a good old nose around, before propping up the supporters bar for an hour or two before kickoff. I don't want to arrive in a sweating, wheezing mess before the first game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here