Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Summer Of Missed Opportunities?

Well that's it then. No sign of new signings to satisfy the reasonable demands of NSC'rs - what does the board think it's up to?

The club really must do better to satisfy the demands of our fickle fans and spends loads of dosh (that we don't have) to put us where belong and without further delay :jester: :jester: :jester:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
this same scenario happens every season people get pissed of because we don't sign anyone in june, most players are on holiday now and the real business will start in a few week, if we do any business is another thing however.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not so much moaning about the lack of signings, more about the missed chance for real changes to the squad which proved it was not good enough last season.

Getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in some new players was what was needed and it has not happened.

We may well sign a couple of half decent players but we still have a lot of rubbish in our squad and we missed the chance to get rid of it.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Richie Morris said:
I am not so much moaning about the lack of signings, more about the missed chance for real changes to the squad which proved it was not good enough last season.

Getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in some new players was what was needed and it has not happened.

We may well sign a couple of half decent players but we still have a lot of rubbish in our squad and we missed the chance to get rid of it.

deadwood = cheap !!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very harsh on some of the senior players. I'm not Guy Butters biggest fan, but he put in a good season when the much-touted Joel Lynch started f***ing up regularly early on.

Similarly, Hart and Mayo both played a lot of games and I'm sure they helped some of the kids progress.

If there had been a cull of what experienced players we have the club would have been somewhat rudderless. I'll be disappointed if we don't get Andy Whing, but I've got faith in Wilkins that he'll bring in some fresh faces.

It's much too early to bring on the doom and gloom. In a month's time we could be riding the wave of a Falmer YES decision and the future might start to look very different.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Pavilionaire said:

It's much too early to bring on the doom and gloom. In a month's time we could be riding the wave of a Falmer YES decision and the future might start to look very different.

I hope you are right

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie Morris said:
Looks like not much chance of Constantine coming and Whing looks increasingly more likely to head off to Walsall.

Bertin touch and go whether he will sign.
Where is this hot tip about Whing not signing?

Bertin was ALWAYS touch and go. In fact, the fact he has not gone yet is a vast improvement on my hopes of him staying.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: A Summer Of Missed Opportunities?

The Large One said:
Where is this hot tip about Whing not signing?

Bertin was ALWAYS touch and go. In fact, the fact he has not gone yet is a vast improvement on my hopes of him staying.

Is whing married?

I think if he is there maybe more chance of him staying in the midlands.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: A Summer Of Missed Opportunities?

Kinky Gerbils said:
Is whing married?

I think if he is there maybe more chance of him staying in the midlands.
Well, that's a consideration. But if that was the case, he would never be considering moving here. And the point is, he does want to come here, unless something drastic has changed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: A Summer Of Missed Opportunities?

The Large One said:
Well, that's a consideration. But if that was the case, he would never be considering moving here. And the point is, he does want to come here, unless something drastic has changed.

If he does really want to come why hasnt he signed?

waiting for more money? playing the clubs off against each other?

I hate agents

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Summer Of Missed Opportunities?

Kinky Gerbils said:
If he does really want to come why hasnt he signed?

waiting for more money? playing the clubs off against each other?

I hate agents
As I said on the other thread, which got a snotty reply from Richie Morris, he has only just come back from holiday. In fact, he may even still be away.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Summer Of Missed Opportunities?

The Large One said:
As I said on the other thread, which got a snotty reply from Richie Morris, he has only just come back from holiday. In fact, he may even still be away.

I did not see that. But yes that may have something to do with it.

I wonder if he stayed at Uncle Dicks?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The Complete Badger said:
I know one or two signings have been made by a few clubs, but that's usual, and we haven't missed out on anyone that we have been known to be after. It's only June 7th today, I wouldn't mind betting 75% of footballers/managers/directors are on holiday at this time - and rightly so, this is the middle of a one month period in the whole year where NOTHING happens. Contracts expire on 30th June (about the same time as pre-season training starts), and I would expect the vast majority of out-of-contract players to leave it until the last week or two before that to decide where they are going to sign. So, if people like Whing are going to sign for us, I really wouldn't expect him to do it for at least another 10 days to two weeks anyway.

your speaking alot of sense there, as usual :clap:

(oh how i love kissing your arse)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thread title should be a Summer Full of Whinging?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here