Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A strange day.......

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
but it was riddled with wood worm and broke into two when I picked it up.

Exactly the same thing happened to me 3 years ago when I unwrapped my West Stand seat. Woodworm and sawdust everywhere - that timber must have been very tasty:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
my plastic south stand seat with metal frame is still ok - spotted it in the loft today.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
my plastic south stand seat with metal frame is still ok - spotted it in the loft today.

Perhaps the Gulls Eye boys should have stayed in the South Stand, then again we couldn't have eyeballed Belotti from there.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
had a suprise loss yesterday,still have the county cup and the league mind!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
still got a nice bit of concrete fron the old terraces......... presumably the woodworm hasn't got to it yet
Watch out for the asbestos dust that they mixed in when it was originally laid :p

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is that why Doug is back in light training as that must have been painful for him.:)

D

Deleted member 2719

My wooden seat from the west stand is still in one bit as i was sad enough to bring the metal that it hinges on and i built a frame around it and painted it blue and white - and you can actually sit on it - those carpentry school lessons had to come in handy some where!

I suppose i had better check it over for woodworm in the morning as it next to Mouldy jnr wooden cot!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With my lads football being called off I've been having a clearout in the garage. Under a pile of junk I found my seat from the West Stand, almost 10 years to the day we moved in and I moved it from my old garage to my new one. It brought back all the memories, the Gulls Eye days, boycotts, walkouts, Bellotti bolting against Darlington, but it was riddled with wood worm and broke into two when I picked it up, so it went straight in the skip and as much as it meant to me in April 1997, it was just a piece of wood, my memories mean more and however much I have to move on, and tidy up the garage, I will always have them.

However bad it was they were in many ways great days and we will have more to come at the new stadium.

Did you find any of your Arsenal stuff from when you supported them Ian ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here