Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A stadium tour - my snaps

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tiptoe, through the North Stand, with your boots on ...

p972541638-3.jpg

Indeed

Profoundly moving :thumbsup:

(although it was a close call with No 52 - I just thought No 53's trousers had a better cut to them)

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Roz has, of course, now been BANNED from St Mary's for taking unauthorised photographs of the handiwork of the South Coast Football Club.

p1593188-3.jpg

No-one noticed this last night. I guess we were so awestruck at being given the privilege of running out of the players' tunnel on to the pitch - something that none of the Albion squad have yet been able to do.

I'll make Detective Superintendent before you know it :lolol:

It might not be Southampton. It could be Staines FC. Or Sheffield FC, the world's oldest club :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
p305494653-4.jpg

The seats in the pictures are, indeed, white. Two of the seats in the pictures (the two nearest the camera) are padded, the others are bog-standard plastic.

The seats in the finished stadium will be blue. All of the seats will be padded.

The reasons these particular seats are currently fitted are, firstly, to demonstrate the amount of legroom and elbow-room that will be available (lots) and, secondly, to allow the robustness of the fittings to be tested (fine, so far). Having bog-standard plastic seats alongside the intended seats gives a real feel to how much more comfortable the ones we are getting will be.

At last, a concrete answer, cheers LB :)

I'll make Detective Superintendent before you know it :lolol:

It might not be Southampton. It could be Staines FC. Or Sheffield FC, the world's oldest club :thumbsup:
Most likely Swansea? Isn'tthat who Natterjack supports!!!???

Is this the place for a HEATED DEBATE?

On the one hand, we have the filth - cautiously considering the need to gather more evidence before reaching a conclusion. On the other, we have a steward, jumping to conclusions on the basis of a football supporter's reputation.

:)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is this the place for a HEATED DEBATE?

On the one hand, we have the filth - cautiously considering the need to gather more evidence before reaching a conclusion. On the other, we have a steward, jumping to conclusions on the basis of a football supporter's reputation.

:)

The fact it says SFC, rather than SCFC, was the reason for my supposition.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
great great pictures - i was there earlier in week but weather awful so my pics not good. view from top of west stand is amazing.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
thank you so very much not having had the opertunity to go on a tour myself your photos are fantastiic

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
possibly the best set, and what a huge set it is, of photos I've seen yet of The Amex - top work Roz, brilliant stuff.....

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
p305494653-4.jpg

to allow the robustness of the fittings to be tested (fine, so far).

How is the robustness of the fittings being tested whilst being fitted there ?

They need to be constantly being used in a high traffic area rather than 20 people a days sitting on it for 1 minute at a time.

Not sure that a reliable test situation for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here