Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A slice of humble pie and a cloth to wipe this egg off, please

Seems Mr McCammon is coming good, and I'm only too happy to swallow a bit of pride and say "good work, fella". Quality header yesterday and by all accounts his all round game has come on leaps and bounds since signing permanently/regaining match fitness (not seen him personally since Leeds).

I never enjoy slating players, and if they shove it down our throats then all the better.

Here's to more McGoals and comfortable survival. :clap2: :clap2:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
He did well. He doesn't seem to have much skill but when he gets the ball his sheer strength alone gets him past players which is what we need if Leon goes back up front. Quality finish for his goal. Perhaps Richie will give his stupid polls a rest for a while ???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Dover said:
Safeway. Please save me a slice of that pie. McCammon shold be fantastic aginst Millwall.

Hopefully he'll be well up for that one. I think he's already scored more for us than in his entire stretch at Millwall (2 years??). I'm sure he'd love to get one over on them .

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lemar! There's only one Lemar!

Although his teammates have taken to calling him 'Wycliffe' according to Charlie's piece in the programme.

There was a couple of times he ran vitually half the length of the pitch and about 3 or 4 Sunderland players just couldn't get the ball of him. There is a lot of brute strength there, it's true, but a bit of skill too. He's better than Big Chris in that regard. Good as though the ITV Championship was, shame it didn't show those runs.

Maybe his shooting is still not all we'd want but he's a demon header, there were two guys marking him at that corner. He is 6 5 and he jumped another foot and half off the ground - impossible to defend against. Earlier, he also got stuck into the Sunderland defender and made him make the poor clearance to Chippy, so takes a lot of credit for the first goal too.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
London Irish said:
There was a couple of times he ran vitually half the length of the pitch and about 3 or 4 Sunderland players just couldn't get the ball of him. There is a lot of brute strength there, it's true, but a bit of skill too. He's better than Big Chris in that regard. Good as though the ITV Championship was, shame it didn't show those runs.

I noticed that too about the highlights, it made the game look even more one sided than it actually was!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rangdo said:
Perhaps Richie will give his stupid polls a rest for a while ???

I had already said to Safeway after the Derby game you goon.

McCammon looks shit when he tries to play football BUT if he stickes to what he is good at, i.e. bullying defenders and making ground and winning headers and getting himself in the box where it hurts then he will do well.

I was very impressed with one bit in particular at the weekend. Leon was getting hassle from Wright and McCammon came over, waved Leon away and then banjoed Wright when they went up for a header. Good work large fella.

I noticed as well that our defenders were knocking far more lofted balls up to big Mark, as oposed to driving them forward. This helped because it gave him time to judge where the ball was going to drop and nail defenders as they tried to head it.

Well done Mark. Keep it up.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here