Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Show of Hands - Who's going to Plymouth?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:nono: not going , but i'll be at the swindon game - look out for me !

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
dwayne said:
is there another train website other than trainline??

qjump - but no joy there.

I've also tried First Great Western directly, getting the same shit. All the computers are down at the moment, they're telling people to go and buy a ticket from a station, as they're on a different network! Very f*cking helpful.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Herne Hill Seagull said:
I'm going from London too Dwayne. Cheapest quote so far £58.50!

if u specify times u can get one a little cheaper, but I cant be bothered to do that, too much hassle.

il go for the 58.50 ticket with a young persons railcard which will make ita round £38

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Yes, catching the 7.30 from Fareham

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
dwayne said:
is there another train website other than trainline??

Dwayne, thetrainline doesnt price the tickets, it just charges what the train operating companies sell the tickets for and then gets commision on the sale. I work for them and even I get no discount unless its on a virgin train :angry:

It is only ever undersold if the train operating company is offering a special discount that it doesnt make available to any other retailer so you could try them direct but I doubt youll get any joy.

The train price was £44 2 weeks ago which is what put me off, gonna save the cash and have it large at Boro!

Bognor Blue & White

Aug 13, 2003
Middleton-on-Sea
A lot of companies are doing the summer 4 for the price of 2 until the end of October.
Try the South central or national rail websites and follow the links.

You can amalgamate train companies so it may be worth giving it a go if there is more than two travelling together.

I found this out as I was looking for the cheapest to Colchester.
At the moment I have found that 5 adults and 3 kids from Worthing can get there for £65.00.
Found this on "www.placestogopeopletosee.co.uk" South Central web site to London BrIdge and then a family rail card (covers 8 people) from Liverpool Street to Colchester, with plenty of :drink: on the way.

Mind you, this depends on the match tickets coming through!!

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Just booked my ticket over the phone, hopefully there by Friday before I leave. Doing a bit of a tour this weekend. Friday Cambridge - Reading, Saturday Reading to Plymouth, Sunday Plymouth to Cardiff, Monday Cardiff to Cambridge. Would be grateful to meet up with people coz I'll be in Plymouth on my tod.

Dandyman

In London village.
Herne Hill Seagull said:
I'll be there. Train prices are effing outrageous though. :angry:

Damn right. £58 from London plus the ticket price. Giving this one a miss.
:censored:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kuipers Left Hand said:
Just booked my ticket over the phone, hopefully there by Friday before I leave. Doing a bit of a tour this weekend. Friday Cambridge - Reading, Saturday Reading to Plymouth, Sunday Plymouth to Cardiff, Monday Cardiff to Cambridge. Would be grateful to meet up with people coz I'll be in Plymouth on my tod.

Kuipers Left Hand has been raised.

Dandyman

In London village.
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
Yes, catching the 7.30 from Fareham

Time for a few apples, then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here