Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sensible question about Charlton

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Last night in what can only be described as an extremely messy monday i fell arse over tit and as a result of that have torn a ligament on my foot.

I am on crutches however i refuse to miss out on the trip to Charlton on Saturday. Do you think i will get in the ground with crutches or is it going to be better not to take them at all. This could prove difficult without them as i cant apply any pressure on said foot at the moment and i am walking at a snails pace at best.

I have contacted Charlton for there stance on this but have not heard back.

Any thoughts??

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Thats actually a great question as I have the same problem for Peterborough (Have had an operation to reconstruct my foot, and will still be on crutches and non weight bearing by the time Peterborough comes around)...

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Take them as it will make other people aware and might help prevent people from standing on it as well!

Best of luck. Wish I was going!:albion1:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Man up you faggott

Im still goin whilst in this state manthorpe. That is manning up. Ill be thinking of you on Saturday when im supping pints of lager in London Bridge whilst your at work dragging dusty nets you silly little f***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you not use a wheelchair for the day? You'll get a decent view and you won't get knocked over everytime we score.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Take the crutches, put a stuffed parrot on your shoulder, adopt an exagerrated squint and say "arrrr" a lot. They'll just think you're a bit simple, can't see them turning you away.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Can you not use a wheelchair for the day? You'll get a decent view and you won't get knocked over everytime we score.

Wont this result in me sat next to Liz Costa though :laugh:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wont this result in me sat next to Liz Costa though :laugh:

Considering the other option could be another visit to hospital after 15 mins of the game having been trampled underfoot in the aftermath of our early goal, it seems a good option to me :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I had to use a walking stick the season before last when we played Bristol Rovers and had to talk my way in to the ground. First they wanted me to leave my stick with security and collect it afterwards until I pointed out I couldn't then get to my seat. Then some bright spark decided I might constitute a health and safety risk and then they wanted me to sit with the disabled wheelchair users. Common sense finally prevailed but only just :laugh:

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Im still goin whilst in this state manthorpe. That is manning up. Ill be thinking of you on Saturday when im supping pints of lager in London Bridge whilst your at work dragging dusty nets you silly little f***

Brilliant.. i'm on stf week.. so i'll be smashing whitney (not working) and cheering on the albion from my bedsit of a room on seagulls player

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
You dont even have seagulls player. Fact

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have taken crutches to matches and it wasn't a problem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have to say we took Junior on crutches to Highfield Road and they were extremely helpful taking us in to the ground another way.

Also he went to Stoke on crutches and they were very helpful as well.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Take the crutches, put a stuffed parrot on your shoulder, adopt an exagerrated squint and say "arrrr" a lot. They'll just think you're a bit simple, can't see them turning you away.

:laugh:

This is easily the best advice yet. In fact if we all dress as pirates you wont feel like everyone is staring at you.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Brilliant.. i'm on stf week.. so i'll be smashing whitney (not working) and cheering on the albion from my bedsit of a room on seagulls player

And how the f*** are you gonna be smashing Witney when you only have 10 pounds to your name?

Have you taken out another one of them 5000% APR loans out again you silly boy?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
If it helps - I emailed Peterborough about being able to take crutches into the game in 2 weeks time...

The Safety Officer who replied was very helpful and said there was no problem with accomodating me and my crutches - as long as I sat at the front of the upper tier and ensured the crutches werent a tripping hazard - and if it came to it I could take the email to show the stewards to ensure i could get in.

Can't wait for Peterborough now! Just hope my foot is healed enough for me to risk going... :laugh:

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I can't believe this thread. If you have to use crutches then you are disabled. If you are discriminated against because of this, then you have the right to sue for thousands. The legislation doesn't exclude the temporarily disabled!

Yes but unfortunatly if they constitute you a health a saftey risk they are still allowed to say no

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Shouldn't be a problem, BZ had them at the Bournemuff game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here