Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Senior using a Junior Season ticket for Leeds - Friday.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Is this possible?

A mate of mine wants to use an East stand junior season ticket. He's willing to pay any difference. Has anyone any experience of this situation. Obviously contacting the club is the best way to find out but just wondered if he'll be able to do it before making enquiries through the club.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Is this possible?

A mate of mine wants to use an East stand junior season ticket. He's willing to pay any difference. Has anyone any experience of this situation. Obviously contacting the club is the best way to find out but just wondered if he'll be able to do it before making enquiries through the club.

I'm pretty sure it's possible, but you have to "upgrade" in advance, in the same way you can't buy a ticket on the gate. Ticket office are the people to speak to

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cost me £27 quid yesterday to upgrade for tonight's game, Mrs OW thinks it's too late for a 5 year old, tch!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Call the ticket office. they may upgrade although you have to have 1 child per 2 adults in the family stand.

That's not a problem then as it's normally one adult and three kids in the family group. 2 adults and 2 kids would then be ok.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or just be a bit naughty and swipe the card as usual and hope no-one notices? :banana:

Does anybody really check who is going through the turnstile, they are more interested in the card swiping correctly and allowing people to move freely and quickly.
Being a super fan I would tell the club so as to not deprive them of some much needed money for an upgrade.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Does anybody really check who is going through the turnstile, they are more interested in the card swiping correctly and allowing people to move freely and quickly.
Being a super fan I would tell the club so as to not deprive them of some much needed money for an upgrade.

Is it worth the risk being turned away though

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

I believe the stewards at the turnstiles are told to watch for this- it isn't the info on the tickets, it's the classification that flashes up on the back of the turnstiles (adult/concession)?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit to not knowing the workings of the lights etc but they don't appear to give any indication as to user but perhaps because I haven't used the 'wrong' ticket I haven't noticed and as has been said is it worth taking a chance and getting refused when it is too late to upgrade.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think using the wrong type of ticket is being overlooked by the stewards whose priority seems to be getting a steady flow of supporters through the turnstiles. This happened at Elland Road until they sussed too many adults were getting in with kiddies tickets and they had a crackdown , eliminating the problem by confiscating STs did the trick.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Is this possible?

I did it for the Doncaster game, cost mer £6 i think, cant remember.

i just gave my pal £40 and we got twatted in dicks bar on his card thing. (which was like drinking in my office)

:thumbsup:

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I must admit to not knowing the workings of the lights etc but they don't appear to give any indication as to user but perhaps because I haven't used the 'wrong' ticket I haven't noticed and as has been said is it worth taking a chance and getting refused when it is too late to upgrade.

I have been watching the lights on the turnstiles. The lights do definatly indicate the age range of the ticket . It's a different light for my kids than it is for my card. I am reliably informed you can upgrade the smart card on a match to match basis , if an adult is going to using an under18/10 ticket.
Best do it before you go to the game.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I have been watching the lights on the turnstiles. The lights do definatly indicate the age range of the ticket . It's a different light for my kids than it is for my card. I am reliably informed you can upgrade the smart card on a match to match basis , if an adult is going to using an under18/10 ticket.

Yes. Phone or go into the ticket office in advance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It is a different light yes but if it's the same light for an u-18 / u-16 / Senior Citizen then they will not know the difference - a Senior is roughly the same price as an u-16 or whatever i believe so should be OK just going through.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
It is a different light yes but if it's the same light for an u-18 / u-16 / Senior Citizen then they will not know the difference - a Senior is roughly the same price as an u-16 or whatever i believe so should be OK just going through.

Cheers..........

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
the light just indicates whether the ticket is a full price or a concession.

Just get it upgraded. Its not difficult and can be done in the blink of an eye. Much better than risking losing the entire season ticket

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought the concession ticket lights up the turnstile as you swipe it ?

Think you are right they are colour coded adult / child

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here