Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sad day for BHAFC

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
El Presidente said:
Utter cock, there is no such person as this. Do you honestly think that people will give money to a cause in which they have no interest, a football team they have never watched?

Utter cock eh???

I know 2 people who have never been to a Brighton game,ever and have both given £250.

Ooh sorry I forgot you must know EVERYBODY to make a statement like that.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Surely this is a hypothetical debate: how many people who aren't season ticket holders or AMS members will have forked out to the A&K appeal?

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
CP 0 3 BHA said:
Surely this is a hypothetical debate: how many people who aren't season ticket holders or AMS members will have forked out to the A&K appeal?

Me 4 one.

However when I donated (A birthday present to myself) I did so at a level that got me something's for it.
1. In a draw for a season ticket for Falmer
2. My name on a seat (mainly so I can go up to who is in it and say get out of my seat, and when they say your seat is your name on it and I can say well actually yes it is!
2. A naff certificate (still not found a decent frame that fits the thing!)

The Tickets stuff is an unexpected bonus although, as it happens, I can't go.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I cannot believe this tedious argument, which appears every time that an interesting match comes up, is still going. Everybody who really wants a ticket, and doesn't leave applying til the last minute, will get one. Now shut up the lot of you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have it on good authority that Spurs are worried about Albion fans being in the home end, so anyone looking suspicious will be asked to sing three verses from random songs chosen from the musical 'Fiddler on the Roof'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
gerbil said:
Utter cock eh???

I know 2 people who have never been to a Brighton game,ever and have both given £250.

Ooh sorry I forgot you must know EVERYBODY to make a statement like that.

If they have never been to a game, why would they want to go to Spurs? And if they have not been to a game the chances are they will be late in getting their applications in so will miss out on the first come first served distribution method.
Anyway, why should they not be entitled to a ticket?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Nobody has said they shouldn't be entitled to a ticket have they?
The point is that people that may never have been to a game have as much chance of getting a ticket in the "postal scrum" as all those that have been regularly.
So, you'd be happy to miss out to one of these people would you?

No i didn't think so.

Then again I'm speaking badly of the club here and that's not allowed is it.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Strange, a thread 9 pages long and no one has moaned about the Supporters Club getting a share of the tickets.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Football should just be banned because it causes lots of arguments like this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gerbil said:

Uh-oh, here comes the total paranoia again.

For something that's "not allowed", it's amazing how much of it you are able to do.

Downloaded Penguin said:
Strange, a thread 9 pages long and no one has moaned about the Supporters Club getting a share of the tickets.

That's because the Alive and Kicking donators are today's winner of the "grab a scapegoat" prize for the terminally lightheaded "gizza Spurs ticket" brigade.

Yesterday it was the poor Wrexham fans clutching their Falmer banners.

Tomorrow it could well be the Supporters Club's turn - watch this space.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
gerbil said:

I never understand statements like that. It's up to you if you want to slag off the club. Thats your opinion. However, some people will disagree. That is their opinion. This is a message board where people come to share their opinions (and talk drivel). These opinions won't all be the same and disagreements will ensue. Live with it. Don't get uptight just because you have expressed your opinion and someone else on here disagrees. What would be the point in a message board where everyone though the same?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
That's because the Alive and Kicking donators are today's winner of the "grab a scapegoat" prize for the terminally lightheaded "gizza Spurs ticket" brigade.

Can't we change that to the "Dare to disagree with that really really funny bloke London Irish " brigade?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
All this talk of A&K fund contributors being entitled to a ticket is interesting. Interesting because at clubs like Liverpool preference is given to shareholders (they are not a listed company so there aren't tens of thousands of them) and then season ticket holders-remember too that they have a shed load more looking for tickets than we ever will (something like 35,000 season ticket holders).

For cup finals, season ticket holders know whether they'll get a ticket or not by the last digit on their season ticket. If your ticket ends in an odd number and you get a cup final ticket-next time there's a final even numbers get the tickets. Compare this to what's happening here today....makes me wonder what things will be like when we get Falmer, have over 12,000 season ticket holders and get allocated 2000 tickets for a big game!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep and Manure have different types of season ticket holders entitled to different tickets like some guarantee semi and final tickets.

Falmer and a bigger fan base will change things considerably.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I personally think it disgusting that priority for tickets is given to people who get their arses into gear and send in an application as soon as the ticket details are announced.

It is completely prejudicial against people who are too busy moaning on NSC about ticket allocations to get an application in.

e77 said:
I personally think it disgusting that priority for tickets is given to people who get their arses into gear and send in an application as soon as the ticket details are announced.

It is completely prejudicial against people who are too busy moaning on NSC about ticket allocations to get an application in.

Great post e77. I have been going to away games for many years and have never once failed to get a ticket to a match I wanted to go to. It really isn't that tough. If you miss out it's nobodys fault but your own so stop trying to blame the world for your own inefficiency.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lokki 7 said:
Great post e77. I have been going to away games for many years and have never once failed to get a ticket to a match I wanted to go to. It really isn't that tough. If you miss out it's nobodys fault but your own so stop trying to blame the world for your own inefficiency.

ditto

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im quite shocked by the logic of some people on this debate - following some trains of thought, why dont those who've held season tickets for 3 years get priority over those who only got one this year?

Whats the AMS about? Its a list of names and addresses so they can track who buys a ticket do that if someone causes trouble they can be indentified. Thats it at the end of the day. So why the hell not include the A&K donators if the club have their details? If someone pays £250 to A&K shirly they deserve equal chance of getting a ticket as someone who joined the AMS for £10 2 years ago.

The club keep it really f***ing simple: if your on our database then you get priority, then its the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here