Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a round of applause: companies that give EXCELLENT service

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
555kaz said:
Hills down Boundary Road, excellent electrical retailers, family run and always very knowledgable and helpful. Even if you just spend 20 minutes asking questions nothing seems too much for them. Have had to take one thing back there, and there was no quibble at all. Also they only deal with companies who have excellent customer care reputations (mainly JVC)

I second that :clap:

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Hull City's ticket office, back in august we were not sent one of our tickets so we phoned the albion ticket office and Hull said that we could pick a new ticket up at the ground.

The obliged and gave us the ticket, i was thourully impressed

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ccider said:
Fujitsu-Siemens for their laptop collect & return repair service. Didn't even realise it was collect & return until it went wrong. English call centre, knowledgable, prompt did what they promised and kept in touch.

:clap:

Service is good but their couriers suck - they're one of my nominations under "Worst", Interlink Express.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Firebox.com.

Order in the afternoon, it arrives the next morning, and they put a packet of sweeties in too.

Never seen so much don't-need-but-must-have stuff on one website.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Virgin mobile are very transparent about their charges and prices. Am hoping that this rubs off on NTL now they are merging as they are the complete opposite!

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Natwest are a VERY good bank, and they only have BRITISH call centres.

Actually in general, all the banks I have dealt with are pretty good.

Three (Mobile) are also pretty good, as long as you get their UK call centre. If you get the Indian one, you are basically talking to someone that has no idea of anything about the phones, their services, or your bill.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Screwfix are very good. Order before 6 and get next day delivery. If they make a mistake they send their courier to come and pick it up and replace any incorrect items.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Rougvie said:
I think NatWest in general are EXCELLENT.

I have my business managers mobile number and I can call him up even after hours, they also helped me massively as most of my clients pay me in Euro's, and I even got an invite to a golf day

SUPERB all round.

You are sounding more and more like The Chief everyday:lolol:

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
Asda on the Marina.
Best, most helpful staff in Brighton :bowdown:

(Are you watching White Horse Rottingdean?):salute:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
afters said:
to balance the earlier thread....

and no voting for your own employer...

i'll nominate expedia.co.uk

we travel quite a bit and have found their service first class, with prices to match. i've rarely been able to beat their prices by searching elsewhere (easyjet and ryanair excepted) and cancellations are cheap and quick.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

expedia - good value, excellent customer service with Call Centre based in UK and little waiting/music etc.

Brighton Station information desk!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Essex Fire & Rescue Service :blush:

Should you ever have a stack J7 - J10 of the M11, just ask for me (if you can) and I will give you NSC preferential service.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Generale Bank in Belgium, I was living out there as an ex-pat, they had one bloke in the bank who looked after all their foreign customers accounts. He was incredibly helpful, always polite and greeted you by your first name whenever he saw you in the bank.

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
Gaffer said:
Not quite a company but "Paul's Plaice" in Seaford is the best wet fish shop in the world with Paul and Andy (great Albion fans) always helpful, cheerful and knowledgeable about how to cook the fish. Always a pleasure to go in there.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'm sure they'd be grateful for the recommendation - apparently the wet fish trade in seaford is not so good at the moment. Support your local traders before they vanish!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Gaffer said:
Not quite a company but "Paul's Plaice" in Seaford is the best wet fish shop in the world with Paul and Andy (great Albion fans) always helpful, cheerful and knowledgeable about how to cook the fish. Always a pleasure to go in there.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Second that , top blokes, great fish, Albion through and through and all

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Photobox.co.uk - I uploaded some photo's for printing yesterday and they arrived in the post today. I've used them lots of times now and you nearly always get next day delivery, it's just not worth printing photo's at home these days.

:clap:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Believe this or not,but B/T openreach,came to fix the line last Saturday,her indoor,s was here.The engineer phoned me twice at work to let me know what was wrong and what he was doing to do. And when i got back no mess!!:albion:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
So no-ones nominating Brighton & Hove Albion FC then ?

Can't really say that any company has gone out of their way to impress, except when their trying to get my business.

However, my milkman's usually pretty good !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here