Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A rallying cry!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We have failed in the transfer market for whatever reasons you personally think, but now is not the time to abandon the club. We are facing our biggest battle since the overthrow of Archer, Stanley and Belotti. We didn't fight them to the death to give up now.

Whether you support McGhee or not, you must support the club. Without the fans paying money to keep the club afloat, the Lewes District Council are heading for a knockout victory.

We have a team of battlers who deserve our support.

Stay strong and stay together.

:albion: :albion:

:blush: Well someone had to do one!

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
:nono:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Well done mate.

A respectable performance tommorow, and watch the some of todays posters hoping that their shameful comments will drop off to page 2..

Of course this goes out the window if we lose badly..

:albion:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
BarrelofFun said:
Whether you support McGhee or not, you must support the club. Without the fans paying money to keep the club afloat, the Lewes District Council are heading for a knockout victory.

Devils advocate here.

We are handing them an easy win with a product that has decline for almost a year now, if no one stops the rot on the park, how the hell can we expect an apathetic public to back us.

Can someone tell me why a L2 club would need a 23,000 capacity stadium ? Thats the question that the man in the street will be asking.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
BarrelofFun said:
We have failed in the transfer market for whatever reasons you personally think, but now is not the time to abandon the club. We are facing our biggest battle since the overthrow of Archer, Stanley and Belotti. We didn't fight them to the death to give up now.

Totally agree with you BoF.....only thing is......looks like its just the 2 of us mate !!!! :lolol: :lolol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sorry, but that is crap

You simply cant expect us fans to hand money over time and time again without the club giving us something back.

We have got a tactically inept manager

We are underfunded - and when someone offers to put money in if we replace the aforementioned inept manager, the club says no

We are in danger of sliding down towards League 2

I dont expect us to be winning the league, I dont expect us to sign Wayne Rooney, but what I do expect is a manager who at least tactically aware, and who can command respect, and some investment by the board to keep us afloat.

DK should have sacked MM last year, got in a replacement, and signed a striker before the season started. I dont care how much it would have cost to pay MM off, it's up to DK to find the funding to move the club forward

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Same old shit. Different day.

I honestly havent felt like this about the Albion since the latter days of Brady and Jimmy Case being in charge. The club reeks of decline!!!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: A rallying cry!

Rougvie said:
Devils advocate here.

We are handing them an easy win with a product that has decline for almost a year now, if no one stops the rot on the park, how the hell can we expect an apathetic public to back us.

Can someone tell me why a L2 club would need a 23,000 capacity stadium ? Thats the question that the man in the street will be asking.

Spot on there really. Falmer was never going to be filled by "hardcore" support ... we need to find 10,000+ new support from somewhere, and they're hardly likely to be enticed by the insipid rubbish offered up at the moment.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:

I'm down with that shit Green Man. Kiss my teeth you hunk of love.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: A rallying cry!

Rougvie said:
Devils advocate here.

That is true, but short of spending obscene amounts of cash that we simply do not have, to tempt other managers/chairmen to give us the right player I can't see how we can get it right.

The argument that people do not want to play for McGhee does not wash with me, I am afraid.

You are potentially right about a 23,000 stadium in the lower leagues. However - look at Reading and Hull. Prime examples of what a decent stadium with competitive ticket prices can do for the club. Having a stadium as an asset will attract far more financing than a rented athletics track.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Wanderer said:
Sorry, but that is crap

You simply cant expect us fans to hand money over time and time again without the club giving us something back.

We have got a tactically inept manager

We are underfunded - and when someone offers to put money in if we replace the aforementioned inept manager, the club says no

We are in danger of sliding down towards League 2

I dont expect us to be winning the league, I dont expect us to sign Wayne Rooney, but what I do expect is a manager who at least tactically aware, and who can command respect, and some investment by the board to keep us afloat.

DK should have sacked MM last year, got in a replacement, and signed a striker before the season started. I dont care how much it would have cost to pay MM off, it's up to DK to find the funding to move the club forward

nail, head :clap:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Re: Re: Re: A rallying cry!

BarrelofFun said:
That is true, but short of spending obscene amounts of cash that we simply do not have, to tempt other managers/chairmen to give us the right player I can't see how we can get it right.

The argument that people do not want to play for McGhee does not wash with me, I am afraid.

Its not obscene amounts, its a bit more than we are offering, its also about targeting the right sort of player, unfortunately we seem to find it very difficult to pick up the type of journeyman player that we so badly need to instill some dicipline to the way we play

We are not the bad situation that some other clubs are in, but investment in the playing side today is as good as investment in Falmer in 2 years time, without one there may not be the other.

Oh and I do agree with you about players not wanting to play for McGhee, thst just UTTER bollocks.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Perry Milkins said:
Now its 3
4! Get behind the team, no matter what you think of the people that manage them!

In fact, if you think the players are being badly led, shouldn't you try to encourage them all the MORE, because they need it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
with such an inept display not just MM but Knight again has to take a large amount of blame for this mess. As has been the case for many years now we only seem to attempt to sign people right on the last knockings, this includes our own out of contract players. I do wonder and have done for a long time if this club will ever move forwards. Falmer is still the issue but increasingly we are seeing the other side winning the pr battle and our club reacting all too slow. I am really now concerned for the very existance of the club under Knight and co. As Harty kept saying last term if we had invested in a few players back then we would not have gone down, the cost would easily be outweighed by the loss of revenue suffered now plus the resultant slide in confidence. Knight imo has really damaged the club recently and like many other chairmen fades into the background when the shit hits. :down:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Perry Milkins said:
Now its 3

So you and the other two would happily just pour your hard earned cash down the drain would you, I dont think so, but because of your rose tinted spectacles, you keep on blindly wanting to support the un-supportable.

In the Business world, companies have to be accountable, and a Football Club, being a business, is no different. I am a Director of a Software Company, and if I was as poor as MM, I would expect to get sacked, and be replaced with someone who knew what they are doing because the company cannot afford people continually making mistakes. Sooner or later, even my most loyal customers will set me adrift if I continually fail to deliver.

People seem to forget that the Albion is a business, that we have debtors and creditors, there are margins to be met, and in a club, just like in Business, you have to make difficult decisions to move the company forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here