Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a quiz question that i don't actually know the answer of

Oct 25, 2003
How about fill in the blanks?
Smallest place in qualifies - Dudelange (Lux) est. 208 tbc
Smallest group stage qualifier - Urcziceni (Rom) est. 17,089 tbc
Smallest 2nd round / 2nd group stage qualifer - ?
Smallest QF qualifier - ?
Smallest SF qualifier - ?
Smallest Final qualifier- ?
Smallest winner - Porto est. 238k ?

Post 1992 obviously, when real foootball was invented. Unless anyone wants to do a separte European Cup list.

the rest are most likely to be monaco......they're definitely the smallest finalist

westy1983

Feb 28, 2005
Hove
the rest are most likely to be monaco......they're definitely the smallest finalist

Probably right. There may have been some smaller in the second round though.

Smallest place in qualifies - Dudelange (Lux) est. 208 tbc
Smallest group stage qualifier - Urcziceni (Rom) est. 17,089 tbc
Smallest 2nd round / 2nd group stage qualifer - ?
Smallest QF qualifier - Monaco 36k
Smallest SF qualifier - Monaco 36k
Smallest Final qualifier - Monaco 36k
Smallest winner - Porto est. 238k

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Monaco is the second smallest country (by size) in the world; only the Vatican City is smaller. Monaco is also the world's second smallest monarchy, and is the second most densely populated country in the world. The state consists of only one municipality (commune). There is no geographical distinction between the State and City of Monaco,

So a country won the European Cup? Is that allowed and that is a new triv question to! (if this has already been said, I apologise I haven't read)

Oct 25, 2003
So a country won the European Cup? Is that allowed and that is a new triv question to! (if this has already been said, I apologise I haven't read)

they didn't win it.........but as there is no distinction between the city of monaco and the country of monaco you could say that a country got to the final

(i guess)

i think about 2 thirds of their national population were at the final or something like that.........their ground holds half the country

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here