Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Quiet Night On NSC, Time For These Conspiracy Theories About Molango & Jakey R.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dull old night on NSC by the looks of it. EVER so glad I went to Faithless at the Centre. But now, with several hours to kill til sleepy-byes, time for some PROPER conspiracy theories:

1. Molango - McGhee has made a right pig's ear of this one. He was given the ultimatum to sign one of the three triallists and that's yer lot matey. Molango was least worst of the three. Has now proven to be a complete dud who will be quietly farmed out to 'adapt to the English game'. Which is apparently completely different to the game they play in the ten or so countries with which Molango has ties. Yup, over there, they play 22 a side with a ball in the shape of a star-fruit. He's one for the long term. Much in the same way David Lee was.

2. Jakey Robinson. Dirty tricks afoot here. Jakey is being deliberately tucked away out of public view cos the manager knows EXACTLY how good he is. Put him in the team and in the shop window he'll be snapped up for thirty sheets of corrugated iron and three magic beans. Leave him tucked away and the manager can move to his next job and then sign Jakey for FORTY sheets of corrugated iron and FOUR magic beans. Everyone will say what an astute fellow that manager is.

Gawd bless conspiracy theories. for they shall inherit the earth :angel:

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think number one is very far away from the truth. Not up to the English game (yet) - too physical for him apparently.

NSC has been suspiciously quiet on this.. they were of course the two scorers on the first day of the season.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
clapham_gull said:
I don't think number one is very far away from the truth. Not up to the English game (yet) - too physical for him apparently.

NSC has been suspiciously quiet on this.. they were of course the two scorers on the first day of the season.

They've hardly had a look in since too. Hard to judge. From what I've seen of Molango I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. His attributes are to similar to Leon's to benefit the team at present I think.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there is a rumour about that Molango is not all there...if you catch my drift.......

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
there is a rumour about that Molango is not all there...if you catch my drift.......

:eek: :eek: :eek:

what?...like he's missing a LEG? ??? ...that explains alot....anyway my two pence worth:

About time Molango got another run out IMO, he's a few months to "beef himself up" and he wont get better by playing the likes of Sidley week in week out :rolleyes:
I think McGhee, even though he said "is one for the future", is secretly ashamed of him and thinks he made a wrong signing...who knows!

Robinson, stick him on the bench, maybe alternate with Molango in the games, he's young and gifted and needs matches. If he turns out to be pants ship him off to the reserves until next season.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I just want to know why Molango,Robinson and Jarrett have been discarded so quickly and neither of the three even make the bench anymore.
We are having such trouble scoring i am sure with them either playing or on the bench to come on they will do better.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what i cant understand is why when we are desperate for goals we dont play Robinson who happily scoring plenty. I know thats against non-league teams, but right now our strike force simply dont know where the goal is.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If Jake had been given the same number of games as Leon, i'm sure he would have more than 2 goals.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Our problem is that Jake, Leon and Molango are all the same type of player. They all rely on being sent through by someone else, and they're all too small to be really effective. Of these 3 MM obviously thinks that Leon is the best.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Jim D said:
Of these 3 MM obviously thinks that Leon is the best.

Bloody hell - if that's the case he obviously thinks nothing at all of the other two. I'm starting to get right pissed off with this.....

*Rant Mode On *

We are playing a 38 year old and a converted centre half up front.

We have only scored more than one goal in a game twice this season.

Last seasons best striker is playing out on the wing.

We have a 2 wingers hardly even making the bench (Jarrett & Hart)

The two strikers who between them DID score more than one goal in a game are languishing in the reserves.

FFS - we may as well at least TRY Jakey or Molango up front. It certainly can't end up any worse.

* and relax *

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
MM seems convinced that Virgo is the right person to play up front. If he's also going to play 4;4;2 then it's either Leon or Claridge as his partner. I don't think either Jake or Molango would be able to work as effectively with Virgo as either of these two. Also, if he picks Claridge then he can also pick Leon on the wing - where he can play well.

I don't see a place for either of these (except as a sub) for some time yet. As for Jarrett and Hart, they'll be on the bench too.

Spot on Jim D. In fact, MM thinks Claridge at the moment is better than Leon, Mahe and Jake. They are all competing for the one spot of auxiliary striker alongside the targetman.

Mahe did have a run of games at the beginning of the season when Leon was suspended and before MM thought of the Virgo switch. He didn't take his chance and will have to wait now.

That's why we need McCammon. To give us two choices in the targetman position.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I still think we should give Albert and Maheta another chance.Get rid of Claridge,Put Virgo back in defence in place of Cullip who should be sold to raise some money.It will give us a much better attacking team.
KUIPERS

EL ABD VIRGO BUTTERS HARDING

NICOLAS

CARPENTER JARRETT
HAMMOND

MOLANGO KNIGHT

SUBS HART JONES ROBINSON REID HINSHELWOOD

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
Jim D said:
Our problem is that Jake, Leon and Molango are all the same type of player.
I would say our problem at the moment is that McGhee is playing Virgo and Claridge together, a combination with all the pace of a slug in a salt cellar. Theres no reason at all why a smaller player shouldnt play alongside 1 of them. I hope Knight and Robinson get a chance or we will lose them both soon, which will be McGhee's fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here