Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for you fathers on here

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Jimmy Saville said:
How much paternity leave were you given and at what pay rate? I'm trying to thrash out an agreement with my boss (small business, so no precedent) and I am interested in what others companies have offered

1 week full pay is the statutory amount, the second or subsequent weeks are normally on a discretionary basis

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/WorkAndFamilies/DG_10029398

I think that, like maternity leave you get an allowance from the government and anything else is at the discretion of your Employer.

When my kids were born, I took 2 weeks of my annual leave each time. Both times I was begged to go back to work (by my boss, not the wife!) before the two weeks was up. The second time, I used the day's leave I saved by going in to attend an interview and left the company.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
sully said:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/WorkAndFamilies/DG_10029398

I think that, like maternity leave you get an allowance from the government and anything else is at the discretion of your Employer.

When my kids were born, I took 2 weeks of my annual leave each time. Both times I was begged to go back to work (by my boss, not the wife!) before the two weeks was up. The second time, I used the day's leave I saved by going in to attend an interview and left the company.

Do you think C & D will give me two weeks?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am now retired but while I was at work I got

f*** all.

and what were some of you saying about a Labour Government:bowdown:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brovian said:
None whatsoever.

Neither did my husband, in fact he had to go back to sea on the Monday (my son was born on Saturday)

Ned didn't even get paid for a day off for his Dad's funeral 8 years ago!! :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
None, it was unheard of in those days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:
How much paternity leave were you given and at what pay rate? I'm trying to thrash out an agreement with my boss (small business, so no precedent) and I am interested in what others companies have offered

Any company worth working for, large or small, will usually give you a week, no questions asked. In fact, just TAKE it. Beyond that, you'd really need to consult what the law is.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Two weeks full pay.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
none

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
1 weeks Full pay but that was 20 years ago.

I was a Civil Servant at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here