Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for the Pete Canning Club

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Guinness Boy said:
If you mean the bloke in the middle, rather than 'Dave' or the bird then I suppose there is a small likeness though from what I remember seeing on here the one in the middle looks a lot more like the proprietor of an excellent sports themed clothing shop near the north laines..........

goodnightsweatheart3.jpg

Uncle Buck actually looks disturbingly like John Candy in the film Uncle Buck.

Thats the one. Victor McGuire. More resemblance fgrm his days in Bread.

Dandyman

In London village.
This is going GOLD.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There seems to be a common thread for most posters on here.

Is NSC the board of choice for the 'larger gentleman' ???

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
The only time I met Peter he was in fancy dress - as an extra from Casualty! He had a f***ing great big bandage wrapped round his head (due to an arguement with a pavement after watching an Old Firm match in some pub or other).

That was the day of the Beckham vs Greece game at Old Trafford.

I think I met Uncle Buck the same day, if he is a chap called Piers.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
5 past Kuipers said:
The only time I met Peter he was in fancy dress - as an extra from Casualty! He had a f***ing great big bandage wrapped round his head (due to an arguement with a pavement after watching an Old Firm match in some pub or other).

That was the day of the Beckham vs Greece game at Old Trafford.

I think I met Uncle Buck the same day, if he is a chap called Piers.

Err yeah.

Cannot remember Pedro having a bandage on his head that day (although his head injuries do merge into one blur). Remember him leaving the ground in Warsaw with a bandage on his after some local had thrown a lump of brick at him. He did not have a good trip, locked in a mental hospital one night, all his cash nicked by the police and then hit on the head with a brick.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
UB. I unintentionally cast an aspersion in your direction will you bless me with an acceptance of my humble apology?

PS

PM me with the fanta bottle story?

Last edited:

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Uncle Buck said:
Err yeah.

Cannot remember Pedro having a bandage on his head that day (although his head injuries do merge into one blur). Remember him leaving the ground in Warsaw with a bandage on his after some local had thrown a lump of brick at him. He did not have a good trip, locked in a mental hospital one night, all his cash nicked by the police and then hit on the head with a brick.

Perhaps 'f-ing big bandage' is an exaggeration, but he was definitely patched up. He wasn't sure if he had fallen or had been given a shoeing.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
5 past Kuipers said:
Perhaps 'f-ing big bandage' is an exaggeration, but he was definitely patched up. He wasn't sure if he had fallen or had been given a shoeing.

From memory I think he had taken a tumble the night before (home to Brentford). I remember we were getting some stupidly early train to Manchester the next day and we could not wake him up, so we left him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here