Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for parents

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
aaaah - you must have been so proud:lolol::lolol::lolol:

If you can be proud & horrified at the same time, well then yes I was! All the guys in the stand behind me thought it was hillarious. It was the look on Emily's face when she did it that was so touching - she knew she had sone something wrong and came & burried her head in my lap. She knows better now & I get a smack for using rude words:D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Too many to mention but whenever I come through the door from work she screams 'Daddy and runs towards me with her arms open demaning a cuddle. Makes me want to get hoıme asap every day.

That is lovely. I picked Mads up from school yesterday afternoon - they'd had 'film night' after school so it was a couple of hours later than normal 'home time'. The whole school were in the hall and as I walked in there were a few hundred faces looking up expectantly, all trying to recognise their parent(s). I saw Mads, she saw me and she was quickly on her feet, came running over and tried to squeeze the very life out of me. Or as best as a 5 year old can manage anyway.

One of the sweetest things that sticks with me is from the Florida holiday last Summer. Mads was in full Cinderella get-up and we'd just eaten at 1900 Park Fare in Disney's Grand Floridian, where Mads got to meet the real Cinderella, Prince Charming and Cindy's mice. It was a great time and, incidentally, that particular Cinderella - yes, I would!

The Grand Floridian has a big white horse-drawn coach outside one entrance and as we exited the hotel Mads shook off one of her glass (well plastic, really) slippers. The intent was immediately obvious which Mads confirmed when asked "I'm leaving the ball so I need to leave a glass slipper behind so Prince Charming can find me." Heart-melting stuff from my own particular princess.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i get up before my daughter (im the stay at home parent) and usually sit on pc till she wakes up , her room is just behind where the pc desk is. one day i heard her mumbling so turned around and got this little view. quickly grabbed the camera and snapped it . its not good quality but its my fave pic of her and always brings a tear to my eye when i look at it

oh

it wont upload it says database error

anyone help?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The impromptu hugs and kisses are still what i love the most about my 5 year old. I could be just sitting there eating dinner, and he comes to give me a cuggle... top stuff!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have to say that as a small child, I would have been DELIGHTED to have got hold of something my younger brother hadn't. I would have rubbed it in his face for WEEKS.

Your children are obviously much nicer individuals than I was...

Yeah, I'm afraid I'd have rubbed it in too. My kids don't, they get really upset if they think the other's missing out. It's really touching.... but a bit weird.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
cheers bozza
img0872hf2.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My son, who is 2, dribbled a mini-sized football about 10 metres slowly and methodically with his right foot before stopping 6 inches from his mini-goal and then booting it into the back of the net. f***ing 2 I tell you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here