Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question about Claridge...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You got any better ideas, Biscuit??

We are in a desperate situation, we have no money, we need a striker and nobody wants to loan us anyone. Claridge will be a cheap option to help us out in the short term. Just wait and see before you start slating him before he's kicked a ball eh?

Do throw your toys out the pram, Chappers.

I'm hardly slating him personally. I havn't said he can't kick a football. I havn't made zimmer frame jokes.. Im simply laughing at the unbelievable situation to which we find ourselves apart!. A situation that you have just outlined ffs!

Next time.. read the post S-L-O-W-L-Y

:jester:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No. I'll read as quickly a I like and steam in with any opinions that I have as quickly as I like.

:eek:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You got any better ideas, Biscuit??

We are in a desperate situation, we have no money, we need a striker and nobody wants to loan us anyone. Claridge will be a cheap option to help us out in the short term. Just wait and see before you start slating him before he's kicked a ball eh?

:clap2:
Get behind the team - they need our support

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's worth a shot, if it doesn't work out he's only signed for a month and if it does we have him for longer and we're all happy. There have been plenty of mature strikers down the years who still cut it at this level and there doesn't appear to any evidence as yet that Claridge can't.

What really is the problem with it?

If (?) his fitness levels are still good, then I've a hunch Claridge could turn out to be a shrewd signing in much the same way Ray Clarke was when we were struggling in the old 1st division all those years ago. He's always had an eye for goal throughout his career. Natural goalscorers rarely lose that instinct. Plus, his experence and charisma will give the whole team a boost both on and off the pitch....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here