Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A possible solution to the "walk out" music and slowing down GOSBTS

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sussex Sharks employed a solo trumpeteer (is that even a word) and put him in a gazebo next to a mic, and attached him to the speakers around the County ground.

People sang in time*

*people always sing in time at the cricket anyway, I was just saying, it can be done!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I still think that it would be a nice idea to get a couple of thousand people from all walks of Sussex life into the West Stand for form a massed choir that would sing GOSBTS, at the proper speed and with appropriate accompaniment, as one of the summer ramp up events.

Wonderful community PR and the performance could be recorded and played as part of the big-screen pre-match entertainment as a prompter to get the crowd joining in.

I don't think anyone else likes the idea though. Must be something wrong with it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When we had the Army band at the Colchester game last year, they played Sussex By The Sea if you remember, and I sang along to GOSBTS ( the correct words) and most peope around H/J block looked at me as if I was an alien!!!

Which of course I am!

In fact one yoof I heard say " thats not the right words"

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
It needs to be a proper brass/silver or military band. A few years back Brighton had a brass band which was sponsered by Brighton Buses. Hangelton also had a Brass Band.

Most brass bands will take on on a gig for a fee. When I was treasurer of Friday-Ad Brass (now Uckfield Concert Brass) we charged £200 for a concert. I am sure a single rendering of GOSBITS would be less. That was about 15 years ago so I am now out of touch with the brass band scene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here