Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A point at Leicester thanks to Sullivan!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
At the moment you can't drop Sullivan. No chance. However I don't expect ANY 20 year old to maintain form like last night's over a long period of time. That's not a dig at Sullivan, he's been fantastic, but sooner or later he WILL start making mistakes. Every player does it, it's a learning curve when it happens, and when it happens to Sullivan Michel will be back. I also think that in a relegation battle we need the experience and organisation that Michel brings.

Fair point, though I think he would need to go three or four poor games for that to happen. He has seemed fairly consistent so far so we will see, im happy with either Sullivan/Kuipers.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a save by the way!! Go on Sulli!!!

I am trying to muster up some more motivation to back Adams and hope, just hope, that we do not get relegated - not working though. I think we need a new manager, coaching staff AND a Chairman but until the powers that be see it, I shut my eyes for every game and pray!

That is a good point away BUT Wilkins did it with Swansea, Forest, Doncaster and Leeds - has anybody at the club got the BALLS to bring him back????

If everybody (DK, the board, the players etc) all have the club at heart or to play for, forget what has happened and bring Wilkins back - we can all get on with some attractive football, something to support, a good youth policy for the future (not costing us for loan players wages - Robbie Savage who did jack shit) and a Manager that COACHES !

:albion2:

So being "Albion Overseas" you have seen lots of games this season presumably. You also, I assume, saw the defeats to Port Vale, Mansfield etc last season.

The sad thing is that people who have probably seen no games in years feel they can comment on the season when they have seen no games. Also, why have a go at Adams after one of our best results/performances of the season.

Obviously you weren't there but it was thanks to a couple of very good saves by Sullivan and a great team performance. But what would I know as you are clearly a regular.

Albion overseas

Dec 12, 2008
So being "Albion Overseas" you have seen lots of games this season presumably. You also, I assume, saw the defeats to Port Vale, Mansfield etc last season.

The sad thing is that people who have probably seen no games in years feel they can comment on the season when they have seen no games. Also, why have a go at Adams after one of our best results/performances of the season.

Obviously you weren't there but it was thanks to a couple of very good saves by Sullivan and a great team performance. But what would I know as you are clearly a regular.

FINCHLEY SEAGULL

Albion overseas is because my job takes me away for long periods at a time so EVERY game is difficult, you are right!

But when I am here I do my best like Port Vale a couple of seasons back when Tom Fraser could have had a hat trick, Cox and Hart win it at Scunthorpe, Bowditch getting the winner at Bradford - when I am here I live in the south so I do my best, know what I mean?

If we go on names have you got wings, a beak, eat worms and shit from trees? :drink:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn't say good manager. He did an average job as manager, no more and no less. We were still closer to midtable than we were to the play offs last year. I think he will struggle to manage any higher than non league if he chooses management as his next job. As a coach though I would have thought he could work with a youth side in the premier league.

Completely agree with this!

There are two main reasons why we did well towards the end of the season - Kuipers and Forster.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
FINCHLEY SEAGULL

Albion overseas is because my job takes me away for long periods at a time so EVERY game is difficult, you are right!

But when I am here I do my best like Port Vale a couple of seasons back when Tom Fraser could have had a hat trick, Cox and Hart win it at Scunthorpe, Bowditch getting the winner at Bradford - when I am here I live in the south so I do my best, know what I mean?

If we go on names have you got wings, a beak, eat worms and shit from trees? :drink:

You miss my point though. I was a little confused at how you managed to say our point at Leicester was solely down to Sullivan and why you were attacking Adams after such a good result. The whole team played well the other night and Sullivan made one fantastic save and a couple of good ones. However, considering we were away to the league leaders, he had relatively little to do due to the rest of the team and even that fantastic save was caused by a deflected shot hitting the bar.

I don't understand why people go on about Wilkins. He is not coming back so get over it. I was never in favour of McGhee going but once Wilkins was appointed I supported him (despite not being convinced especially in the first season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here