Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A point at Leicester thanks to Sullivan!

Albion overseas

Dec 12, 2008
What a save by the way!! Go on Sulli!!!

I am trying to muster up some more motivation to back Adams and hope, just hope, that we do not get relegated - not working though. I think we need a new manager, coaching staff AND a Chairman but until the powers that be see it, I shut my eyes for every game and pray!

That is a good point away BUT Wilkins did it with Swansea, Forest, Doncaster and Leeds - has anybody at the club got the BALLS to bring him back????

If everybody (DK, the board, the players etc) all have the club at heart or to play for, forget what has happened and bring Wilkins back - we can all get on with some attractive football, something to support, a good youth policy for the future (not costing us for loan players wages - Robbie Savage who did jack shit) and a Manager that COACHES !

:albion2:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Do you not think that if we bring back Wilkins the same thing will happen that did with bringing back Adams, as in a manager should never go back!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are you Dean Willins? If so, f*** off to non league where you belong.

He would appear to have more coaching nouse than the whole of our current managerial set up. Does being a Micky Adams fan, as you clearly are, mean that you need to post such vitriol towards a man who was employed by the club for almost twenty years?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Are you Dean Willins? If so, f*** off to non league where you belong.

I believe you are an idiot. Why are you so insulting to a former manager who did a good job with limited resources? In fact a great servant to the club.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
In all fairness if he wants to get back into management that is the next step. Sacked by a league one side for not being considered good enough to take us forward, will another League One side be interested? League Two? Maybe.

I couldn't care less how good a coach he is or was. He is constantly being hailed by our fans for last year's league position but people fail to recognize how bad the league was last season. I think every team, possibly barring Hereford, that entered the league this year have been better than those that exited.

Glenn Murray turned our season around when he came in and I don't think Willins had anything to do with that signing.

Patience people, Micky will turn it round. Let's not forget Willins first season in charge we finished 18th. I've said all along as long as we aren't relegated this year I'll be happy as it takes a long time to build a good team, which I believe is what Micky can, and will do.

Albion overseas

Dec 12, 2008
In all fairness if he wants to get back into management that is the next step. Sacked by a league one side for not being considered good enough to take us forward, will another League One side be interested? League Two? Maybe.

I couldn't care less how good a coach he is or was. He is constantly being hailed by our fans for last year's league position but people fail to recognize how bad the league was last season. I think every team, possibly barring Hereford, that entered the league this year have been better than those that exited.

Glenn Murray turned our season around when he came in and I don't think Willins had anything to do with that signing.

Patience people, Micky will turn it round. Let's not forget Willins first season in charge we finished 18th. I've said all along as long as we aren't relegated this year I'll be happy as it takes a long time to build a good team, which I believe is what Micky can, and will do.

Are you ok? What position where we before Murray came in? Murray was also being watched BEFORE he was signed by Wilkins for almost a year!

AND if you couldn't care less whether somebody is a good coach or not lets hope you never get to be Chairman!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Love it. Us finishing seventh was clearly SHITE, and Wilkins deserves NONE of the credit for getting us there, he was rightly DISMISSED.

Yet now we are in the relegation zone, should the current manager go? Of course not, he is doing a wonderful job. :thud:

All the comments about building a team are BULLSHIT. Adams didn't need to do that this time around like he did the first, he had a team that finished seventh in the league the previous year. He's just f***ed that team up, plain and simple.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Isn't this whole Wilkins thing getting rather boring now? He's gone and isn't coming back. Ever. Wilkins was IMO, promoted well over his capabilities and I can see why the club decided he wasn't the best man to take us forward. The mistake was bringing Adams back and making him stick with the same non league coaching set up.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Are you ok? What position where we before Murray came in? Murray was also being watched BEFORE he was signed by Wilkins for almost a year!

AND if you couldn't care less whether somebody is a good coach or not lets hope you never get to be Chairman!

We were 14th when Murray signed so I'd say 7 places was quite a turn around.

What I'm getting at is, who cares if he's coached well in the past. If he's going to be somebodies MANAGER then it's about his all round MANAGEMENT.

Several players have spoke out about his lack of man management ability. His indecisive substitutions drove me up the wall at times and I'm sure others would agree. His insistence on playing the diamond was frustrating to say the very least.

I bet if we gave Adams £300K to spend on a striker he'd be able to find us a goalscorer. Let's not forget ALL of his permanent signings have been frees.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Isn't this whole Wilkins thing getting rather boring now? He's gone and isn't coming back. Ever. Wilkins was IMO, promoted well over his capabilities and I can see why the club decided he wasn't the best man to take us forward. The mistake was bringing Adams back and making him stick with the same non league coaching set up.

Yes, it's true we have to move on. He isn't comming back. But still credit where it's due, he was a good player and quite a good manager. He wasn't the best but to call him non league is extreemly insulting.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes, it's true we have to move on. He isn't comming back. But still credit where it's due, he was a good player and quite a good manager. He wasn't the best but to call him non league is extreemly insulting.

I wouldn't say good manager. He did an average job as manager, no more and no less. We were still closer to midtable than we were to the play offs last year. I think he will struggle to manage any higher than non league if he chooses management as his next job. As a coach though I would have thought he could work with a youth side in the premier league.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Love it. Us finishing seventh was clearly SHITE, and Wilkins deserves NONE of the credit for getting us there, he was rightly DISMISSED.

Yet now we are in the relegation zone, should the current manager go? Of course not, he is doing a wonderful job. :thud:

All the comments about building a team are BULLSHIT. Adams didn't need to do that this time around like he did the first, he had a team that finished seventh in the league the previous year. He's just f***ed that team up, plain and simple.

What? I'm not saying that at all. On paper a club looking for a new manager will see the reason he was sacked. This league was a lot worse last year so evidently this year is going to be more difficult.

Our team was held together with loan signings last year so I don't agree that Adams didn't have to build a team.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think Kuipers will struggle to get back in the side to be honest. Sullivan has looked assured and got much better after a run of games, I think the only way Michel will get back in is if Sully gets injured/Suspended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here